Thread: Spammers

Spammers

Can you not IP block them or something? People don’t come here to filter through that crap.

It is getting very annoying

IP blocking no longer works against spammers these days.

It is very simple to get a random IP in seconds, use it, forget about it seconds later, and then get a different one.
    (Same with disposable email addresses).

Ironically these random IP/email generators were supposedly developed for your security, so that you don't get spam to your main email, and cannot be tracked online.
    Like any other tool, the bad guys can use them as well as the good guys.

If there was a foolproof way of blocking spam then you can bet that every forum would be using it, there are millions of moderators worldwide who have all thought about this.

It's the nature of a forum, you have to let people post things otherwise the forum is no use. There will always be idiots and dodgy advertisers who take advantage of this.
    Last edited by nukecad; 28-01-18 at 20:10.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Evening , yes I saw the 10 million spam posts verrry annoying

Well I do what someone on here taught me to do, read all the ones that are relevant, then click on ‘mark forums read’ this gets rid of them until the next time.

That's the easiest way:

Use the 'New Posts' button on the menubar to see only what's been posted since you last visited and you haven't read.
    Spam threads can be seen by the title, ignore them and read the rest that you are interested in.
    Once you have read everything you want to then click 'New Posts' again, just to make sure nothing new has been posted while you were reading.
    Click 'Mark Forums Read' and the spam (and anything else that you've not read) dissapears from your New Posts listing. (Until some new spam is posted).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    That's the easiest way:

Use the 'New Posts' button on the menubar to see only what's been posted since you last visited and you haven't read.
    Spam threads can be seen by the title, ignore them and read the rest that you are interested in.
    Once you have read everything you want to then click 'New Posts' again, just to make sure nothing new has been posted while you were reading.
    Click 'Mark Forums Read' and the spam (and anything else that you've not read) dissapears from your New Posts listing. (Until some new spam is posted).
    That was the one thank you nukecard