Thread: Can this be correct, person on DLA claiming carers allowance for another ?

Can this be correct, person on DLA claiming carers allowance for another ?

A friend told me that you can claim carers allowance even if you are claiming DLA yourself ?
    I don't understand how this can be as if you are on DLA how could you be capable of caring for another person ?
    Confused !

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldcastle View Post
    A friend told me that you can claim carers allowance even if you are claiming DLA yourself ?
    I don't understand how this can be as if you are on DLA how could you be capable of caring for another person ?
    Confused !
    if someone has certain health problems they can get dla and still care forsomeone dont forget people get dla and work full time

Yes, I claim it as does my mother. We are both in need ot care, but have to care for each other. Many people do this because they have no other option. It also means you can have more than one person helping with your care this way.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    Yes, I claim it as does my mother. We are both in need ot care, but have to care for each other. Many people do this because they have no other option. It also means you can have more than one person helping with your care this way.
    i can not for the life of me seeing how with the way DWP think and work ...that they have not moved the goal posts and said if you can care for someone you cant be sick ?

ps steve just read an old thread by "foxes" he has been banned ! any idea why ?

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    ps steve just read an old thread by "foxes" he has been banned ! any idea why ?
    It was due to racist remarks that were made in a thread, the post was also reported to the Police.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I agree actually Dave. Maybe some realises that often we only have each other if we people live in the same home. In our case we do both help each other when possible. Without that I am not sure how each of us would managed. It is a case of trying to do what we can & sharing a task to get it done. Actually, more often than not it does not get done.

Yes, he has always posted strong views, but that day he went too far. I thought you were about when it happened Dave.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    I agree actually Dave. Maybe some realises that often we only have each other if we people live in the same home. In our case we do both help each other when possible. Without that I am not sure how each of us would managed. It is a case of trying to do what we can & sharing a task to get it done. Actually, more often than not it does not get done.

Yes, he has always posted strong views, but that day he went too far. I thought you were about when it happened Dave.
    missed that thread

It was removed very fast, thankfully. As was the offender. Sad day, but I think it shows such things do happen, but that action will be taken. This shows it is a safe place to post.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen