Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a few days away

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    As for servicing Warkman most cars need only servicing every 18 20k miles or 2 years you can also get service plans on pcp or you could just pay for the one service which I'll do in my case.
    Insurance yes thats always an issue but ill never be able to find 3700 up front personally
    Servicing, even on low mileage should be carried out every 12 months.
    Each disabled person has individual requirements and have different mileage levels.
    Personally, I need a high car due to my disability and require an automatic 4wd. I travel around 12,000 Miles a year to get to work and back.
    A one size fits all doesn’t work with disabled people and, whilst glad I can get better specced cars on the scheme, this 200 bhp limit makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I feel that they have to do this to prevent bad press.
    Unfortunately unless we are only allowed a plastic pig, parts of the press and community will always give tge Disabled bad press

Motability have sifted and weighed the evidence, public opinion but I feel, their overriding consideration is for their customers. I anticipate a much wider selection of cars albeit with the loss of a few higher performance cars. The Ford Mondeo 237ps shall go but its performance does not match its badging. Sadly the loss of Octavia VRs and Superb 220ps TSi is a pity but perhaps we shall see 190ps diesel. I wonder if Mercedes C class shall make a return and BMW 3 series shall be enhanced too? Jaguar/Land Rover? Hopefully the SsangYong Rexton is safe.

Hmm Ford have released thier Q1 prices My SMax Titanium Sport Auto gone (was £2995 when i brought in 2016) Now the next spec down with same engine £3095. 2% increase. Makes me think Ssangyong Turismo for next car however they havent updated for Q1 Galaxy Titanium Auto X £3245 was 2745 16% increase

Ford Price List

No Petrol Auto either. particularly bad for low mileage drivers and dpf's i'm borderline as it is
    Last edited by volts; 24-12-17 at 15:23.

Quote Originally Posted by volts View Post
    Hmm Ford have released thier Q1 prices My SMax Titanium Sport Auto gone (was £2995 when i brought in 2016) Now the next spec down with same engine £3095. 2% increase. Makes me think Ssangyong Turismo for next car however they havent updated for Q1 Galaxy Titanium Auto X £3245 was 2745 16% increase

Ford Price List

No Petrol Auto either. particularly bad for low mileage drivers and dpf's i'm borderline as it is
    It will be interesting when the full list is available in just over a week's time. There are normally some very good buy's and some "expensive" ones. I am unable to place an order until early April so I shall await with interest the selection available and use the 1st quarter to research and test drive before selecting a short list. It will then be a tense wait to see what happens to prices in Q2. I am hopeful for a better selection of automatic's. Will be very interested to see if the CX-5, XC40 and similar cars are available.
    I have to say the SsangYong Turismo is a cracker. I like the Rexton W.
    Last edited by fwipperie; 24-12-17 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    Servicing, even on low mileage should be carried out every 12 months.
    Each disabled person has individual requirements and have different mileage levels.
    Personally, I need a high car due to my disability and require an automatic 4wd. I travel around 12,000 Miles a year to get to work and back.
    A one size fits all doesn’t work with disabled people and, whilst glad I can get better specced cars on the scheme, this 200 bhp limit makes no sense whatsoever.
    Motability only pay when it's due on manufacturer guidelines for servicing so mostly every 18k or 2 yrs they won't pay every 12 months cos they are too tight. All depends on the vehicle chosen though too

I need a high car too auto etc as well hence why I left the scheme cos of the deposits for mpv never going down over the 10 yrs I was on the scheme. I don't get the 200 bhp limit might just be insurance cost cutting possibly

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Motability only pay when it's due on manufacturer guidelines for servicing so mostly every 18k or 2 yrs they won't pay every 12 months cos they are too tight. All depends on the vehicle chosen though too

I need a high car too auto etc as well hence why I left the scheme cos of the deposits for mpv never going down over the 10 yrs I was on the scheme. I don't get the 200 bhp limit might just be insurance cost cutting possibly
    Perhaps insurance costs are a factor. I feel many customers of Motability, probably the majority, who cannot stretch to an advance payment, there will be little choice of NIL payments, particularly in automatic transmission.