Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a few days away

Just a few days away

The excitement mounts, with eager anticipation and a degree of fear. Just 11 days until the vitally important Jan-Mar 2018 Motability price list is unveiled. This thread gives a platform to reveal any rumours or actual prices, as and when they become available. There are rumours of another Motability tweak which will exclude all cars with a MRRP over £30k? The trend this year has been of increasing prices and reduced choice. Will this trend continue into 2018 or will it be reversed?

http://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/ne...-january-2018/

Skoda Kodiaq and Karol joint the scheme! Also hear that Audi 4x4s are joining too

Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    http://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/ne...-january-2018/

Skoda Kodiaq and Karol joint the scheme! Also hear that Audi 4x4s are joining too
    This is very encouraging news indeed. The new maximum AP of £3750 will ensure a greater selection of cars. Both Skoda models are highly regarded. With Audi 4x4 will be interested to see what offerings BMW and Mercedes bring.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    This is very encouraging news indeed. The new maximum AP of £3750 will ensure a greater selection of cars. Both Skoda models are highly regarded. With Audi 4x4 will be interested to see what offerings BMW and Mercedes bring.

mmm

Well Ill be interested to see whats around but who in the right mind is going to pay £3750 up front! Why I left the scheme cos even a ford cmax is £2500 or so
    Bet this means the car will cost around £13k in 3 years ouch!!! for a maximum AP. Hardly what you call encouraging for the average disabled person and there are better pcp deals around.

I did pay about what 3k up front for a vw touran many years now but I certainly wouldnt do it again as takes more than 3 years to pay this off the credit card.

Oh well have to wait and see wont we?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    mmm

Well Ill be interested to see whats around but who in the right mind is going to pay £3750 up front! Why I left the scheme cos even a ford cmax is £2500 or so
    Bet this means the car will cost around £13k in 3 years ouch!!! for a maximum AP. Hardly what you call encouraging for the average disabled person and there are better pcp deals around.

I did pay about what 3k up front for a vw touran many years now but I certainly wouldnt do it again as takes more than 3 years to pay this off the credit card.

Oh well have to wait and see wont we?
    I shall have the calculator ready and do the maths to see which option is best and consider the additional benefits of Motablity. It could be a January car extravaganza extraordinaire? Will there be a better choice of high powered automatics?

For me not that many additional benefits unless I massively up my car mileage as at present only need 1 service throughout the 3 yrs i wont need any new tyres in that timeand my insurance is roughly around 730 for my particular model with no deposit on a pcp deal. I have got tyre insurance just in case thiugh

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I shall have the calculator ready and do the maths to see which option is best and consider the additional benefits of Motablity. It could be a January car extravaganza extraordinaire? Will there be a better choice of high powered automatics?
    Never mind high powered automatics, as I have mentioned in previous threads, there are models, well under the present never mind future MRRP limits, which are not offered on the scheme at present. There are the i30's from Hyundai, manual yes, no to auto's, just as one example, though this may change in the new year.

If you are looking at the high power cars, there are petrol/diesel models of mainstream hatchbacks and saloons etc., where you can presently get over 200Bhp, both manual and automatic, where none are offered on the scheme (see fwipperie's other post on 200 Bhp limits). While personally if I could join, or wanted to join the scheme, power, power, would not be my main aim, I will admit, there are plenty of small capacity turbo'd cars, on both fuels, many stress their engines with just a normal type load. So what if you need to tow with the vehicle, have 4x4 due to where you are, lots of big hills/mountains, are these small capacity engines going to cope, for all? Whereas, some of the more powerful, even slightly larger capacity engines, would be less stressed, not to mention the rest of mechanics being designed to deal with more, don't forget some manufacturers only put improved brakes, suspension elements, on the larger capacity engines.

Let us all hope, the manufacturers, see the potential of offering more choice for Motability could see them move more units. But then again do not forget, even those of me like myself, who cannot access the scheme at the moment (due to standard mobility), there may be vehicles that would suit me or you better, we are lucky to have the scheme.
    Last edited by mzmps; 23-12-17 at 08:07.

That may suit you, but each disabled person is different.
    For the cars I look at £3,700 us around tge deposit on a pcp, but you also get servicing and insurance in tgat costs.

I don’t agree that limiting engine bhp to 200 is acceptable. Motability gives with one hand and takes away with the other

For the cars I look at £3,700 us around tge deposit on a pcp, but you also get servicing and insurance in tgat costs.

I don’t agree that limiting engine bhp to 200 is acceptable. Motability gives with one hand and takes away with the other
    As for servicing Warkman most cars need only servicing every 18 20k miles or 2 years you can also get service plans on pcp or you could just pay for the one service which I'll do in my case.
    Insurance yes thats always an issue but ill never be able to find 3700 up front personally

I feel that they have to do this to prevent bad press.