Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motability 'One Big Day' Events 2018

Motability 'One Big Day' Events 2018

I couldn't find this posted on the forum already.

With the cancellation of the Mobility Roadshow (previously run by Mobility Choice- www.mobilityroadshow.co.uk/index.php ) for 2018 onwards, it seems the only ‘disabled motoring’ shows in 2018 are going to be the Motability Sponsored ‘The Big Event’ and ‘One Big Day’ events.

I see Motability have now announced the dates/venues of these in 2018 as follows:

Flagship event:

The Big Event Birmingham – Friday 6 July and Saturday 7 July 2018 at the NEC

Regional events:

The Big Event Northern Ireland – Friday 1 June and Saturday 2 June 2018 at the Eikon Exhibition Centre in Lisburn, Northern Ireland

One Big Day Exeter – Saturday 28 July 2018 at Westpoint

One Big Day Harrogate – Saturday 11 August 2018 at the Yorkshire Event Centre

One Big Day Peterborough – Saturday 8 September 2018 at the Peterborough Arena

https://news.motability.co.uk/scheme...018-announced/ or

https://www.facebook.com/motability/

Scotland doesn't seem to be getting one at this stage!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I couldn't find this posted on the forum already.

With the cancellation of the Mobility Roadshow (previously run by Mobility Choice- www.mobilityroadshow.co.uk/index.php ) for 2018 onwards, it seems the only ‘disabled motoring’ shows in 2018 are going to be the Motability Sponsored ‘The Big Event’ and ‘One Big Day’ events.

I see Motability have now announced the dates/venues of these in 2018 as follows:

Flagship event:

The Big Event Birmingham – Friday 6 July and Saturday 7 July 2018 at the NEC

Regional events:

The Big Event Northern Ireland – Friday 1 June and Saturday 2 June 2018 at the Eikon Exhibition Centre in Lisburn, Northern Ireland

One Big Day Exeter – Saturday 28 July 2018 at Westpoint

One Big Day Harrogate – Saturday 11 August 2018 at the Yorkshire Event Centre

One Big Day Peterborough – Saturday 8 September 2018 at the Peterborough Arena

https://news.motability.co.uk/scheme...018-announced/ or

https://www.facebook.com/motability/

Scotland doesn't seem to be getting one at this stage!

Paul
    True, also nothing in London or the South East. For those able to visit a car extravaganza awaits.

I had to laugh - looking at one of the videos on one of the links it said underneath "Comments on this video are disabled" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    True, also nothing in London or the South East. For those able to visit a car extravaganza awaits.
    Least theres one in Brum so people midlands based and beyond can get to it.

As for London based easy enough to get the train to bham international from Euston and if booked in advance very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Least theres one in Brum so people midlands based and beyond can get to it.

As for London based easy enough to get the train to bham international from Euston and if booked in advance very cheap.
    This is true, advance tickets available 90 days in advance.

Odd they have no events in London or the southeast ...maybe not many Motability customers down this way
    Motability vehicle history....
    1996 ford galaxy,1999 VW T4 window van (Ricon tail lift ), 2005 VW T5 window van (Ricon tail lift)
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter (Ricon tail lift), 2018 Renault Master MWB (Braun taillift)..all vans have been wheelchair accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Odd they have no events in London or the southeast ...maybe not many Motability customers down this way
    I wonder what the regional trends are?

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I wonder what the regional trends are?
    Would be interesting to know where the hot spots of Motability ownership are .
    Motability vehicle history....
    1996 ford galaxy,1999 VW T4 window van (Ricon tail lift ), 2005 VW T5 window van (Ricon tail lift)
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter (Ricon tail lift), 2018 Renault Master MWB (Braun taillift)..all vans have been wheelchair accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Would be interesting to know where the hot spots of Motability ownership are .
    I wonder if they would supply this with a freedom of information request?

It will be more to do with the cost of hiring a venue which in London will be very expensive. Naidex is doing very well at the NEC Birmingham and is centrally located.
    Glad to hear theres something to replace the Motability Roadshow.