Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just had my atos home medical

Hi in NI I know that now you only sign for your id and they changed it that you do not see the home visit report,
    this is not very long changed probably because of the lies told on most,I was not even asked on the tick box part about cooking cutting
    food washing and dressing. I only seen the report before going to the appeal tribunal which was posted out and I was so glad that I had someone with me as we were able to do a 9 page reply to all that was wrong in the report and sent a copy to the GMC when we were reporting the Dr of ATOS.
    WillieJ

WillieJ,

that thing with just signing for i.d happened to me over in the U.K and it was not until afterwards that it dawned on me that i had not been asked to sign the medical report, thank the heavens the doctor who came sent in a good report and i also had someone taking notes on the day in case things went pear shaped.

i did have some major concerns about this situation.

as for getting doctors letters, i did this but at the same time i also got them to not only confirm my medical conditions but also to try and show what my needs were, in the end i got one letter showing help with treatments and the crucial one was help with hygiene needs.

although i paid for the letters from my g.p which wasn't a lot, in the end it was worth every penny.

mike

It could not hurt. She needs help to fight the system & ATOS. Just at the time everyone will be in need of help. Most people are discharged now as it saves money for the NHS at our cost. It does not mean she does not have any conditions, it can still be used in any claim. What it means it they do not think they can help her. It is the same in my case with several of my conditions, & many others. Getting PIP will be harder, but not impossible. It will come down to how things are worded, based on the facts of course. PIP is not the end of the world, we can just see it from there.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Hi, Thanks for all your info stephen, Yes my fiance surely does suffer with severel conditions, her own GP did support her once with a good letter for DLA, iM hoping he will do the same for pip. We are going to see her GP very soon to discuss if he will support her when the time comes.

YW. We have to see how PIP goes. I can see medical evidence playing a greater part, & more details on how our conditions affect us.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

malawiman
    Hi David, just found this site about atos and benefits. I had my "assessment" recently and it took 20 minutes. I was asked to touch my fingers above my head, behind my back, and to sit on the bed and raise each leg up - for the physical that was it. Had my benefit stopped 2 days before Christmas which I told them stinks for anyone on their pittance. Now been told appeal failed, so will go to tribunal. The letter says to get as much evidence as possible to bring with you, so I go to the doctor who tells me that ALL doctors have been told NOT to write letters of confirmation or support. If you appeal at the tribunal then you will immediately be sent for the same "assessment" again which you are guaranteed to lose... we can lay down and die or fight them - Malawiman.

Your doctors have to provide evidence of your conditions when requested. I would suggest you contact the CAB or a similar local agency. When appealing it is how you say it, not just what you say that matters.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Hi Malawiman, i know what your saying, this is my second "medical" by ATOS and surprisingly i lost my benefits after the first one, im still waiting to find out about outcome of second medical yet, but i appealed, lost, appealled, lost and finally won at tribunal, 14 months later, and as such have had the worry of another medical hanging over me since winning the tribunal, even though i was told i would not be assesed until at least 2014, so when i queeried the medical this time i was told it was to make sure i was getting the right level of benefit and therefor nothing to worry about.

I dont mind being lied to if it wasnt so blatant a lie lol, it seems to me that the DWP think that because you are "allegedly" disabled then you must also be a bit thick and i say allegedly because we are all meant to be liars and cheats if you believe the Dwp and the press. what really angers me is the genuine disabled people in this country are singled out and victimised to appease the tax paying people of this land, i can understand there is resentment against the system when you see the minority of DLA claimants who have clearly jumped on the band wagon and abused the system and by doing so bringing us all under the lens of public scrutiny of which i am not opposed to, providing it is done in the correct way and by that i mean proper medical assesments carried out by truly independent health proffesionals, not the mob of gangsters at ATOS who regardless what im told have a financial interest in finding you wrightly or wrongly fit for work despite the evidence put before them..

I do truly feel i will be forced off benefits yet again and in turn have to endure the months of physical, mental and financial stress and worry forced on me by appealing to regain what i am entitled to, i hate being dependent on the state, until i became disabled 4 years ago i had worked all my working life never once claiming a single benfit, and if i could go back to work i would gladly give up all that the DWP gives me and take my place in society again and also regain my self respect, as im sure most of the disabled in this country would, we are this way not through choice but to label us all as scroungers and lay abouts is disgracefull, why is it so hard for us to be seen for what we are, in the most part unfortunate individuals dealt a really shitty hand in the game of life give us the damn RESPECT we deserve.

Well thats better i got that out my system lol, sorry that ended up being a bit of a rant,

a truly fed up David.....

Hello again everyone, well the dreaded brown envelope arrived this morning, and to my utter delight i have kept my DLA, my ATOS doctor must have gave a very favourable report, so it does seem there are some ATOS doctors who do actually take your side.

I am now on an absolute high after the weeks of worrying and sleepless nights. my faith in the system somewhat restored , so now im gonna treat myself to very sweet sticky cake to celebrate lol, so as many are still waiting for results maybe my story can be of some comfort during these very trying times.

yours David....

Well done, great news. I am pleased for you.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen