Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow

Snow

OK, it's December and it may snow - it's not unheard of so when there is snowfall, why oh why do we become a 3rd world country? Everything grinds to a halt. No transport, power cuts -what? This is the 21st century, the age of technology - how do countries like Iceland cope? A bloody sight better than the UK.
    I've no doubt the schools will close tomorrow. I went to school in three foot of snow and it didn't harm me in the slightest. It's ridiculous - just get a grip.

What a liitle ray of sunshine you are!!

No snow in Manchester today thank god as it's the Manchester Derby in an hour at Old Trafford in Manchester.

Manchester City should be going on the attack to beat Manchester United in the Premier League.

Snow is at the ground but I'm 7 miles South of the City so it may arrive tonight!

You can hear the game live on the radio '5 Live',

Can't win with this one.

People moan when the weather gets bad and they moan when the gritting lorries can't get to clear every street in the UK.
    They moan about the pavements
    They moan about school closures.

Then - they moan if the promised snow isn't as bad as they were told!!

Personally I would rather we be told ( as the last few days ) to expect a lot of snow and disruption.
    I can plan for that as much as possible.
    I collected my disabled daughter and brought her to my house so if her support workers couldn't get to her she would still be looked after.
    I made sure her cat was being cared for.
    I visited my elderly uncle with extra groceries.

If the promised snow didn't come - so what!

That's just a bonus isn't it!
    Sea Queen

Spot on, nice to see someone doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Spot on, nice to see someone doing it right
    Snow was forecast in some areas but did not happen, snow was not forecast in other areas and did happen. Yesterday I needed to cut short visit to friends in greater London due to snow. Many were enjoying snow. Ideal time to have 4WD Ssanyong Rexton to deal with snowy roads.

Well here in the midlands theres 6 - 8 inches and minus 4 out side......thank god for home dialysis, we say! Others have had difficulty getting to hospital to dialyse. Yep, schools are shut, buses trains even taxis cancelled or severly limited. Basically friday and saturday it kept snowing.....so gritting and ploughing was a contual job.

I made it to the local hospital in my off road wheelchair...JUST!! would not have even tried if had not had to drop blood samples off at pathology. Here staff are having difficulty getting in to hospitals, schools etc

the return journey, so excuse the frozen look...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24129854_10159881036840151_3145960778408244332_n.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	1926

Your new chair??? Looks amazing, and looks like it coped with the Snow?

I'm very impressed that you got out in those conditions.

THAT was the last time I got out unaided for a week. Would not have even tried except we HAD to get blood samples to hospital. However since then, we got error messages so the dealers coming out. The Lightdrive (or any) chair does not like snow, or slush or icy pavements - all of which we have at the moment.
    Got to say I was impressed, social services were ringing to see if carers were able to get out to us. (they weren't - but I expected that, the roads were horrendous).

Of course lots of social events cancelled all over Telford, simple difficulty of people getting places - and getting back! Plenty of elderly falls. Even now the roads are clear, but the pavements reamin lethal in places