Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDP universal credit new style ESA

SDP universal credit new style ESA

Ok I am 25 And unable to work due to disability I get High rate dla and care and support group esa
    This is £1060 in 4 weeks I don't receive SDP

If I went to uc would I get new style ESA also, and how much would these be combined, would I be better off and how much would I be likely to get all together and will I get SDP with uc Thank you

Hard to say, each case can be so different with differing situations and circumstances. However, I am sure the volunteers on here will do their best to help you out.

You need to tell us if you are in a Full Service or Live Service Universal Credit area?

Are you already claiming ESA, or are you talking about making a new claim?
    If you already have ESA is it Contribution Based or Income related (or both)? and are you in WRAG or SG?

Firstly:
    IF you are talking about making a new ESA claim-

New Style ESA is simply Contribution Based ESA claimed in a Full Service Universal Credit area.
    You can't claim IR esa in a Full Service UC area.

If you don't qualify for Contribution Based ESA then you can't claim New Style ESA, and so have to claim Universal Credit instead.
    There are no disability premiums paid with Universal Credit.

If you do qualify for New Style Contribution Based ESA then you still can't get the SDP in a Full Service UC area.
    SDP is only paid with Income Related ESA, in a Full Service area IR ESA has been replaced by UC, which doesn't pay disability premiums.

The only way you can get SDP with a new ESA claim is if you make a new claim for ESA, that includes an IR entitlement, in a Live Service UC area.
    This would still be Old Style ESA.

Secondly:
    If you are already claiming ESA (any area) then it needs to be Income Related, or to have an IR entitlement, for the SDP to be added.

If you let us know what kind of UC your area is, if you already get ESA, and if so just what ESA you get, then we can say for sure if you can get the SDP or not.
    Last edited by nukecad; 30-11-17 at 16:11.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Ok I am in a full service area, I get support group ESA £125 a week that's including a disability premium but not sure if I can get servere disability premium too, I think it is £60 something a week and I'm not sure how much this will all be with uc or if I will get the ESA I am on or new style ESA or even SDP, thank you for you help I appreciate it and hope you could tell me what I would get thank you.

OK. From what you say there:

You are in SG and getting the Enhanced Disability Premium.
    Which means you have either CB ESA with an IR entitlement or wholly IR ESA.
    It's probably CB with an IR entitlement.

Forget UC and New Style ESA.
    You can't claim New Style ESA, you already have Old Style ESA. You can't change that.

UC should not affect you yet for a few years.

You are just confusing yourself thinking about those.

But if you have high rate DLA then you should be getting SDP added to your ESA - if you live alone and nobody is claiming Carers Allowance for you.
    (You mention something about care so I'm not sure).

Althought it does sound that you should be getting SDP we would need to know more about just what your circumstances are, and of course you should not put your personal details on an open website.

I advise that you get down to an advice centre near you, Citizens Advice or similar, who can look at any letters you have and work it out from there.

Ok thank you is it possible to get support group ESA £125 a week and uc £350 a month I think it is together, regarding the SDP I live with my parent he is on a pension thank you for help.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphy123 View Post
    Ok thank you is it possible to get support group ESA £125 a week and uc £350 a month I think it is together, regarding the SDP I live with my parent he is on a pension thank you for help.
    No it doesn't work like that, ESA and UC are totally separate payments, you receive one or the other not both, if you receive UC and qualify for Support Group you will receive the UC LCWRA payment on top of your basic UC payment.

You can't get those levels of benefits together.

You are on ESA, you will stay on ESA for a few years yet. (Unless your circumstances change in a particular way).

There is no way you can get both at full rate.

You can have ESA CB at the same time as UC, but the ESA money will be taken off the UC money.

Look into if you should be getting the SDP, it sounds as if you should.

Forget about Universal Credit you are just confusing yourself.

Is your father receiving Attendance Allowance, PIP or DLA, if so you may qualify for the SDP.
    Last edited by Jard; 30-11-17 at 22:20.

Ok, I live with my parent so I cant claim SDP can I claim carers And the Carers premium, do I have to put down a certain person to claim because I don't have a full time carer at the minuite as I go on the local job search and Find them there and they change regular so this money would help me get out more and take a burden off my money, than having to do most things online for my needs and get out.

Thank you for your fast reply I appreciate all advice thank you.