Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land Rover

Land Rover

Is anybody aware if Land Rover have established their own version of the motability scheme? I spoke to them a few months ago and they were waiting to launch the scheme, but since then I've nothing. Tried calling them but still nothing.

I was looking forward to seeing the figures for the Freelander and Evoque.

Mike

The Freelander starts at £22700 and the Evoque at £28695.

The max cut-off for new Motability cars is £25000, so I wouldn't be expecting to see the Evoque on there anytime soon.

Although the Freelander comes under the max allowed, I still can't see it being added as I can't see it being enough of a hit on the scheme for Land Rover to bother.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Hi Paul, thank you for that information. I know since the limit was introduced Land Rover has not been on the motability scheme. However, as a result Land Rover were looking to introduce their own scheme available to those who receive DLA.

Quote Originally Posted by vantage View Post
    Is anybody aware if Land Rover have established their own version of the motability scheme? I spoke to them a few months ago and they were waiting to launch the scheme, but since then I've nothing. Tried calling them but still nothing.

I was looking forward to seeing the figures for the Freelander and Evoque.

Mike
    hello, in regards to your question :

yes they have started their own "motability" type scheme, i had a phone call from the lady dealing with it around 3 weeks ago... they have the basic evoque in the scheme which will start off as a £10,000 deposit.

she did tell me more prices but after hearing how much they wanted up front i kind of turned off.

i suggest calling them up and asking for further details.

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by effkay View Post
    hello, in regards to your question :

yes they have started their own "motability" type scheme, i had a phone call from the lady dealing with it around 3 weeks ago... they have the basic evoque in the scheme which will start off as a £10,000 deposit.

she did tell me more prices but after hearing how much they wanted up front i kind of turned off.

i suggest calling them up and asking for further details.

hope this helps
    Hi, thank you. This does, as I was wondering if they had actually started their scheme. I will try calling them again.
    Last edited by vantage; 20-05-12 at 14:35.

no problem!

i really wanted the evoque but have now settled with the mini country man... obviously not as "charming" as the evoque but for the 7k i paid upfront got me more than what i would have got in the basic 10k evoque!

Quote Originally Posted by effkay View Post
    no problem!

i really wanted the evoque but have now settled with the mini country man... obviously not as "charming" as the evoque but for the 7k i paid upfront got me more than what i would have got in the basic 10k evoque!
    How do you find the Mini? Did you go for a lot of extras as I thought the price was 2k up front?

I like the Evoque but still looking and deciding what to go, go for a quality used car, purchase a new one or go via motability etc

Sorry I didn't realise they did their own scheme.

£10k is quite steep really considering what you actually get. Obviously you'd need to add extras on top of that too.

I was looking at the MINI Countryman too, good car but it was too noisy (wind & road noise) for the wife.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by vantage View Post
    How do you find the Mini? Did you go for a lot of extras as I thought the price was 2k up front?

I like the Evoque but still looking and deciding what to go, go for a quality used car, purchase a new one or go via motability etc
    i shall receive the car in june so waiting patiently :P

yeah i added quite a lot to it as i am always driving so thought i would pay for extras that would be of benifit, eg sat nav, heated front screen etc

i shall let you know how it is once i actually drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Sorry I didn't realise they did their own scheme.

£10k is quite steep really considering what you actually get. Obviously you'd need to add extras on top of that too.

I was looking at the MINI Countryman too, good car but it was too noisy (wind & road noise) for the wife.

see wind and road noise doesnt really bother me as my radio is always on... i just wanted something different and the countryman fits that description!

what did you end up going for in the end?