Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a quick question

Lighttouch. I use a long handled brush to rub my back, or rub soap onto wet tiles before rubbing my back onto those tiles and then rinsing off from shower head.
    nod

You can get bendable back brushes too.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    Jard don't tell PIP you use any aids or you will get points taken off.We have shower rails in the bathroom that hubby has to hold on to with both hands or he will fall down while showering.They didn't take into account that it's impossible to have a shower and a wash holding onto the rail.He care got standard care because of the aids even though I have to shower him and wash his hair and if I'm not up to it a good friend comes and showers him.
    Cheers BJ, your not the only one I've seen say this, it seems they play off the 'Aids' Descriptor against the 'requiring help/assistance' one in some of these Decisions. I think it just goes to show how arbitrary the system is now, everything I've had since these Tory's got in I've had to fight and argue for, so I'm gearing up to go back to trenches on this one - when it comes.

Speaking of aids and support for showering, my daughter has use of one hand /arm - can slide a sponge under the arm which won't go up very high but support need to dry it thoroughly for her whilst she holds it up as high as it will go.
    Sea Queen

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    Jard don't tell PIP you use any aids or you will get points taken off.We have shower rails in the bathroom that hubby has to hold on to with both hands or he will fall down while showering.They didn't take into account that it's impossible to have a shower and a wash holding onto the rail.He care got standard care because of the aids even though I have to shower him and wash his hair and if I'm not up to it a good friend comes and showers him.
    The opposite happened with me, they actually supported my claim and she mentioned in her report that I had to use aids and awarded me as such. The aids actually proved I needed help.