Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP.home assessment help

PIP.home assessment help

Hi, I have my PIP home assessment tomorrow and I just need to reach out as I'm so so scared.
    I've read a few posts with mixed experiences.
    My disabilities relate to my mental heath , trauma, anxietyand having someone in my home is a massive trigger, let alone an atos assessor. My condition leads to irrational thinking so I would just really appreciate a reality check .
    Will she be assessing my home/self care skills, how clean it is? I have help with my flat and also OCD so my flat is relatively tidy and I'm scared this may count against me?
    I'm almost wishing I was going to a centre though that would be equally triggering in different ways.
    Sorry to ramble, I had to call a crisis team today as it felt so overwhelming flashbacks etc. Also called the assessors and had a meltdown on the phone, the assessor will hopefully know this?
    Thanks

Biscuitgazer
    Best of luck with your assessment. My assessor was a very kind lady who came and went as quickly as she could and did her best not to stress me out. Fingers crossed yours will be like that as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Lue View Post
    Hi, I have my PIP home assessment tomorrow and I just need to reach out as I'm so so scared.
    I've read a few posts with mixed experiences.
    My disabilities relate to my mental heath , trauma, anxietyand having someone in my home is a massive trigger, let alone an atos assessor. My condition leads to irrational thinking so I would just really appreciate a reality check .
    Will she be assessing my home/self care skills, how clean it is? I have help with my flat and also OCD so my flat is relatively tidy and I'm scared this may count against me?
    I'm almost wishing I was going to a centre though that would be equally triggering in different ways.
    Sorry to ramble, I had to call a crisis team today as it felt so overwhelming flashbacks etc. Also called the assessors and had a meltdown on the phone, the assessor will hopefully know this?
    Thanks
    Try not to worry, they're not all bad.
    If you can, try to have someone familiar like a family member of good friend there with you to ease the stress.

The HCP will ask certain questions and one of them will be who does the housework. So make sure you explain you get help and why you need it.

They will also make visual assumptions based on their surroundings and will mention them in the report; such as your general appearance and also how tidy your home is.

It's very unlikely the assessor will have been told prior to her/him coming that you rang today so make sure you bring this up.

Quote Originally Posted by NeurologicalNed View Post
    Try not to worry, they're not all bad.
    If you can, try to have someone familiar like a family member of good friend there with you to ease the stress.

The HCP will ask certain questions and one of them will be who does the housework. So make sure you explain you get help and why you need it.

They will also make visual assumptions based on their surroundings and will mention them in the report; such as your general appearance and also how tidy your home is.

It's very unlikely the assessor will have been told prior to her/him coming that you rang today so make sure you bring this up.
    Re housework, I had a home assessment and I wasn't asked that question and neither was any comment made on the appearance of my home in my report. Please take no notice of the quoted comment, it is pure fantasy.

OP, they will ask you who does your housework and they will mention this in their report. Out of three assessments I have been asked twice. They will also make comment on your appearance.
    I will happily email you evidence of this if you want to see it.
    Just because one person hadn't been asked doesn't make it fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by NeurologicalNed View Post
    OP, they will ask you who does your housework and they will mention this in their report. Out of three assessments I have been asked twice. They will also make comment on your appearance.
    I will happily email you evidence of this if you want to see it.
    Just because one person hadn't been asked doesn't make it fantasy.
    So how can you be certain that the OP will be asked. Just because you were it doesn't follow that everybody will be asked that question. I'll give you that general appearance will be reported but it may or may not be reported on the state of your home.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    So how can you be certain that the OP will be asked. Just because you were it doesn't follow that everybody will be asked that question. I'll give you that general appearance will be reported but it may or may not be reported on the state of your home.
    I didn't mean it as a guarantee! There isn't 100% set questions. For instance, this time I wasn't asked about social media or having a phone but I have in previous assessments. The OP specifically asked a question in relation to her home and it's common knowledge they do ask questions and they do make subtle assumptions about your home, appearance, walking and many more, without necessarily asking, so I tried to lend advice to support her.
    My quote was not fantasy, you're just plain rude.

Perhaps you ought to think how you word your replies. "Will" should have been "possibly"

Sorry if Im wrong (again) but Im pretty sure DLA and PIP are for personal care not housework, I suppose it all depends on the assessor

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Perhaps you ought to think how you word your replies. "Will" should have been "possibly"
    Still no need for your arrogance. I was offering advice and you came on the thread and offered nothing.