Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving home

Thanks guys. If we move, it will only be within the same complex we are in now but on the ground floor instead of the first floor, which is such a problem for me being in a wheelchair. Two weeks ago I got stuck in the lift for 2hrs and was rescued by firemen!
    I wouldn’t need the usual amount of boxes and stuff as I would only be going downstairs. I have to wait for a wheelchair flat to become vacant. At the moment there is a man who has just gone into a care home, but he hasn’t decided whether to give up his home. If he does, I am top of the list to get it.

Find out if there is a local Rotaract (young people's Rotary), Lions or Round Table club - these groups have supporting the local community in non-financial ways as part of their ethos. It doesn't hurt to ask!

Similar Threads

1. Moving home
    By Bigfella in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-10-16, 09:19
  2. PIP moving home
    By Stacy37 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-16, 21:57
  3. On ESA and DLA moving home
    By saucycamel in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Last Post: 05-03-14, 12:17
  4. moving home
    By thistlehips in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Last Post: 25-02-14, 00:42
  5. Moving home while on jsa
    By Cluesless in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-07-12, 09:05