Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good/bad news any help

good/bad news any help

i have managed to get an interview after all this time im surprised but worried of implications its for general assistant the job is 20 hours 128.00 a week im on contribution esa with support and lr care hr mobilty which i will probably lose some of them im trying to find out not having much luck what other benefits i would be able to get according to the benefit calculator im not entitled to working tax credits or other help also i would have to pay half of my rent and council tax i will be left with 70.00 i will be so much worse off or am i wrong can anyone advise me where is the incentive for people to go back to work if your worse off im desperate to get a job to save my sanity where do i go from here is there any help out there for people like us if i lose the disability i cant get the rule of working 16 hours and working tax credit is this true thankyou
    Last edited by kassya3; 16-05-12 at 21:51.

hello kassya i dont know what your circumstances are regarding your support group could you tell me did you have to attend a medical for the support group and like yourself i get lrc and hrm for mobility issues sorry to have bothered you
    Shaun

Working tax credit is only for those with children. So if single then you get no help whatsoever. The limit for WTC has been raised from 16 hours to 25 I believe so even if you have a child you appear to be outside the limit. On an income of £128 per week you are also below the threshold for paying any Council tax or losing so much housing benefit. There is a list of amounts the council has to use when calculating your entitlement. You won't lose the DLA as that is also payable to working people. It won't even be reduced unless the DWP review it of you report an improvement in your condition or until it changes to the new PIP when practically every disabled person will be reassessed and found fully fit by the hired Stasi doctors of Atos. Hope this helps: Chris

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by gabopentin View Post
    Working tax credit is only for those with children. So if single then you get no help whatsoever. The limit for WTC has been raised from 16 hours to 25 I believe so even if you have a child you appear to be outside the limit. On an income of £128 per week you are also below the threshold for paying any Council tax or losing so much housing benefit. There is a list of amounts the council has to use when calculating your entitlement. You won't lose the DLA as that is also payable to working people. It won't even be reduced unless the DWP review it of you report an improvement in your condition or until it changes to the new PIP when practically every disabled person will be reassessed and found fully fit by the hired Stasi doctors of Atos. Hope this helps: Chris
    you dont need children for working tax credits if your disabled

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/st...edit/index.htm

Yep Dave's correct.

I got the Disability element of Working Tax Credit until our family income went over the max limit.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by kassya3 View Post
    i have managed to get an interview after all this time im surprised but worried of implications its for general assistant the job is 20 hours 128.00 a week im on contribution esa with support and lr care hr mobilty which i will probably lose some of them im trying to find out not having much luck what other benefits i would be able to get according to the benefit calculator im not entitled to working tax credits or other help also i would have to pay half of my rent and council tax i will be left with 70.00 i will be so much worse off or am i wrong can anyone advise me where is the incentive for people to go back to work if your worse off im desperate to get a job to save my sanity where do i go from here is there any help out there for people like us if i lose the disability i cant get the rule of working 16 hours and working tax credit is this true thankyou
    You will keep your DLA if you start work. Housing benefit will ignore more of your wage income because of the DLA.
    I assume you are single so Housing Benefit ignore £101.35 of your wage first then they ignore £20 of your wages plus they ignore all the DLA. Thus on £120 take home you would still get full rent and council tax rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by gabopentin View Post
    Single people aged 25 can claim WTC if working 30 hours a week as can childless couples where one is age 25 or over.

Disabled childless single person or couple's where the disabled person is working only need work 16 hours a week to be able to claim Disabled Working Tax Credit which is paid at a higher rate than the ordinary WTC.

Since this April couples with children need to work 24 hours a week to get working tax and child tax credit. If they work under 24 hours a week, they only get child tax credit.

davewhit
    Its also worth knowing that if your self employed hours dont come into it and not making any money for a couple of years is not unknown ....... its also possible if not expecting to make any money that you register with tax man as not expecting to make more than £5,400 per year thus staying clear of NI contribututions and if you or partner have higher dla care your picking up a max of £3980 in extra working tax credits

thankyou for your replies if i take the job which is a general assistant whatever that is probably cleaning light duties i will lose my lrc hrm im sure, i get contribution esa with support my lrc is for my mental health which i think is getting worse no with all this worryof wanting to do some work my hrm is because i have cervical and lumbar spondolis and other problems i can walk 20 metres i will be getting a lift to there what im worried about is if the job involves cleaning that contradicts my walking for to long will i lose my hrm to get home if i couldnt manage it through a friend that is willing to drop me also i rang the benefits just to ask without any dla just a normal claim to see what they say i will get 128.oo for 20 hours but still have to pay 54.00 towards my rent /council tax that leaves me roughly 73 .00 how can anyone live on this i cant claim any wtc how could anyone live on 73.00 in this day and age i would have no money for food after paying gas/elec/w/rates that wouldnt cover that how would i pay my fares to get to work where is the help for those that want too better them selves i dont know what to do im petrified of going to disa advisor as i feel there not on our side only to make money from us from what i have been fold im very depressed i get no support from any sources i feel im thrown on the scrap heap no one cares about us sorrysad its a long post im just depressed and angry i want to work but cant due these stupid unthought schemes they keeping bringing out
    Last edited by kassya3; 17-05-12 at 18:51. Reason: ripping of the sick and needy

I think you need to be clear what this job entails and as such whether you can do it or not.