Thread: Hypothetical Question.

Hypothetical Question.

If someone is facing a PIP f2f reassessment can the DWP/Capita insist on a f2f in another town /city 20 - 30 miles away because the assessment centre in the claimants town/city are very busy ?

Biscuitgazer
    I think there's a travel time limit, and they have to offer to assess you at home if it will take you longer than that to get to the assessment centre.

The limit in theory is 90 minutes driving each way.

But, my local centre has been closed due to 'lack of use' and the nearest is now two counties away - 90 minutes drive only possible how the crow flies impossible by car (breaking speed limits on these roads just isn't possible with tractors etc). Home visits here are extremely rare due to rural location and costs and there have been issues since the old one closed with people only being offered two appointments at the centre and their claim being closed for not attending. I know my MP is looking into it (along with other pip issues), but so far they're saying as most people go there for medical treatment its acceptable (reality is a lot of people arent able to travel that distance so are going without treatment).

Sorry, the DWP are saying it's acceptable not the MP.

It's 90 minutes one way by public transport ( not by car).

They use on of those door to door journey planners to check the travel time.

If the nearest centre is further than that then they are supposed to make a home visit.
    Unfortunately they ignore it, it's a DWP guideline not a law.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you for your help. Much clearer now. WR lady told me yesterday it is a new feature in this town & refuse she says if offered a f2f out of town.