Thread: Equipment & Occupational Therapy

Equipment & Occupational Therapy

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can advise. I have a lot of pain and standing makes this worse, I would like to get a perching stool (£79.99 at Argos), this would mean I could sit while doing chores in kitchen

Does anyone know whether I would be able to get one from occupational therapy and if so, can I refer myself. I would be happy to pay a small charge for one but £79.99 is out of my reach

Thanks

Your OT or your local council may be able to provide one for free.

If you have to pay for your own then you could try for a grant, again your council could help, or various charities also give grants for disability equipment.
    This webpage is a good place to start looking for a charitable grant, it has links to search-tools and grant websites:
    https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...isabled-people

If you are stuck with paying for your own then take a look around for lower prices.
    For instance these are a lot cheaper than the Argos ones:
    https://www.essentialaids.com/kitche...ng-stools.html
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

You can get perching stools much cheaper than in Argos if you are patient enough to search on the web eg https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/h...rching-stools/

Thank you both for your help, I will check out those sites

Don't forget you will be eligible for VAT relief which brings the price down. You have to fill in a form, there will be the facility to do this on the suppliers web site. I don't think Argos has the facility to claim VAT relief.

I have ordered a Perching Stool from Complete Care Shop at a fraction of the cost of Argos, thank you for that info beau, I also claimed the VAT, the form being very simple to complete more a declaration. As it was so cheap I paid for next day delivery, it will be so nice to be able to sit to do chores, the kitchen table/chair is wrong height for me to prepare veg and ironing hopefully will be a dream with the stool

I don't get on here often but always get good advice......thank you all

Pleased to be able to help. Hope it works for you.
    If you need anything in future do a web search, I know it takes time but well worth the effort.