Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to share my PIP backdate experience

Want to share my PIP backdate experience

Hi all, well the amazing news is I got awarded enhanced for both DL and MOB after putting in my change of circumstances back in March this year I was hoping for backdating to when I told them of the change in March didn't get that, but I did get what looks like 3 months worth of back pay (they have awarded new rate from 8th June) MINUS what I was already getting when on standard mobility from my previous award rate (£22pw) I hope this helps anyone in a similar situation as it's a pretty grey area x

congratulations. I hope you can rest easy for a bit now
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Thank you , two years being left alone (hopefully) at least x

Quote Originally Posted by Anyac82 View Post
    Thank you , two years being left alone (hopefully) at least x
    IS your end date 2 years or review date two years ?, it will tell you on decision letter.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Three years, but yes review is in two, July 2019 x

Thats ok some of the two year awards are finite which means that you need to make a new claim 14 weeks before the end, some people miss this on the decision letter
    again well done and relax

So, let me try to get my head around this grey area....

You notified the DWP of a coc in March 2017
    You had your f2f in Mid July 2017
    They made the decision on 24th August 2017

You were awarded enhanced daily living and mobility but 'it looks like' they have backdated it to June 2017?

What does it actually say on your award letter, they usually put on a date when they have backdated it to you.

So not only have they not backdated it to when you notified them of a change nor have they backdated it to when they made their decision but have in fact backdated it to the 8th June when you had not even had your f2f?

Baffling, sorry, but on a positive note Well done!!

Yes all of the above lol, notice arrived this afternoon, it's the usual waffle about points that were given and where they agree/not agree etc, and it was awarded from June 8th NO explanation for that date, I don't understand it either, also that the award is untill July 2020 but the review will be a whole year before in July 2019. When I asked on the phone this Friday about the backdating he said I could appeal if I'm not happy, I am happy with the decision, just think I should have it from the day I called them to tell them things were much worse 8th March
    I'm very confused! But scared to rock the boat x

Quote Originally Posted by Anyac82 View Post
    Yes all of the above lol, notice arrived this afternoon, it's the usual waffle about points that were given and where they agree/not agree etc, and it was awarded from June 8th NO explanation for that date, I don't understand it either, also that the award is untill July 2020 but the review will be a whole year before in July 2019. When I asked on the phone this Friday about the backdating he said I could appeal if I'm not happy, I am happy with the decision, just think I should have it from the day I called them to tell them things were much worse 8th March
    I'm very confused! But scared to rock the boat x
    I dont think you should appeal as such but I do think another telephone call is in order to see why they backdated it to June 8th rather than March 8th, strange that your coc was March 8th yet backdated to June 8th, maybe a typo, who knows. You had not had your face to face on June 8th so it certainly is a random date.

It's because the relevant change has to have persisted for 3 months before you can claim for it. As it was reported in March, the increased award would only be paid starting 3 months after the date the change was reported, which would be June.