Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got dreaded brown envelopes

Got dreaded brown envelopes

My pip invite letter came yesterday. Was hoping I wouldn't get it till next year, but it's arrived and now I have to face up to claiming for pip.

My DLA ends on 12th September. I will phone up next week to claim, but don't think I will have enough time to get medical evidence.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Biscuitgazer
    Why does your DLA end so soon?

Biscuitgazer
    My DLA carried on for a couple of months while they assessed me and wrote their award letter.

It said I had to phone by 12th September. Think I've took it wrong by thinking my DLA ends on 12th September. I'm on indefinite award DLA.

I've phoned up to claim today. Took 15 minutes. Now have to wait for the blooming pip 2 form.

DLA will remain in payment until a new decision on your PIP claim is made.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Should have given yourself more time to gather evidence, and rang up on 11th Sept to start the ball rolling.

While you are waiting for the form to arrive make yourself familiar with how the PIP system works. The criteria for an award is a lot different to DLA .PIP is a functionality test and not so much concerned with your conditions. If you haven't done so, take one of the online tests to get an idea of the points scoring
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Cheers for the advice.

I probably should have phoned up a few days before the closing date to give me more time, but I just want it over and done with.

I will be trying to get an appointment with my local CAB centre, to get help with filling in form.

Biscuitgazer
    Yeah it's a waste of energy to spend as many days as possible concentrating on how difficult things are, and it's not a thesis for uni you are writing, it's accurate answers to questions about your own difficulties.

Rather do it quickly, get it over and live your life, especially as it will be assessed by a halfwit and you will have the chance to argue your case if the DWP are particularly dumb.

I requested the 'extra 14 days). Your claims starts on the date of the call, not when you get the form.

There's NO WAY I could complete a 40 page form in the short time they gave without outside assistance.

Good luck.

Also make use of the plethora of info on the web including the brilliant advice on the Benefits and Works website.

There's a lot of free advice here:

https://benefitsandwork.co.uk/person...ce-payment-pip

I can recommend the 'surviving life on benefits' page as well

https://benefitsandwork.co.uk/surviv...fe-on-benefits

I'm awaiting a second date for my tribunal (first was cancelled the day before the appointment) so I've wasted a 40 quid train fair due to there 'lack of enough staff for a tribunal panel'
    Last edited by TheFlyingKidney; 24-08-17 at 17:18.