Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 500,000 to loose benefits

Post 500,000 to loose benefits

Here we go again with yet another stab for those claiming benefits.

in the telegraph ian duncan smith has announced that 500,000 to lose disability benefit.

although he has announced this i don't like how he is stating that they are pushing ahead to get rid of fiddlers and fraud, are 500,000 people all fiddling?

this is the comments he made 'Half a million people are set to lose disability benefits as the Government pushes ahead with plans to rid the system of abuse and fraud, Iain Duncan Smith says.

read what you want about this but it is not good labelling people like this and using this as an excuse to rid people of their benefits.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...y-benefit.html

you news papers out there need wake up to the real truth behind these devastating cuts and not the feeble excuses this sham of a government is providing.

mike

What I don't understand about this is on the Today program (Radio4) this morning they were talking about this and IDS seems to be saying that if you can work you lose entitlement to PIP, BUT with DLA you can still work the benefit is to help and if it were stopped some people wouldn't be able to do anything.
    Is PIP only for basket cases?

Ian Duncan Smith should get his own house in order before attacking the disabled. I do not in any way condone anyone committing benefit fraud but compared to the amount of revenue lost in tax evasion and fiddling the amount mentioned is a mere drop in the ocean. Difference is if caught committing benefit fraud you are jailed, if you are an MP caught fiddling your expenses what happens? Sad thing is the sick and disabled are the most vulnerable in our society. Some of us can shout out and protest against such changes but many more are simply not fit to do so. Therefore we don't have 'the voice' that many other organistations etc. have. So many too are not on our side.. You only have to look at the results of the poll in The Telegraph...so many people agree this is the right way to go. Personally I am not a reader of The Telegraph so wondering is this a Tory newspaper, hence so many people agreeing with the government? Whatever it has became a sad day for those sick or disabled in our society.

I think IDS is getting worried that to many ex service man will be claiming DLA, shame on the man these men and woman have been fighting a war and that's the way this government treats them.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think IDS is getting worried that to many ex service man will be claiming DLA, shame on the man these men and woman have been fighting a war and that's the way this government treats them.
    The press should be gunning IDS for his comments about 'no limb's'. IDS could have signed hs own death warrant with those comments, hopefully it will backfire on him, and the press go for him.

There are so many things I could say on this as it all makes me so angry. We know there are cheaters, but why do they not go after them? I would not mind being investigated to prove I am genuine, if it helps catch cheaters. It implies that half a million are cheaters.

He has also said only those in most need will get help. What about the rest? People are in need. Of course there are severely disabled & they need more help, but there are those in the middle & those less disabled who need help, yes, they need help too.

Then this idea of disabled people cannot work, so if they work they are not disabled. WTF? Are disabled people to be penalised yet again? Most disabled people cannot get work, many need carers, many can work but as still disabled. These people have expenses that others do not have, we all know what they are. How can disabled people work if they cannot pay these added expenses? Assuming I could find a suitable job, I would have to get a taxi to work every day. That is £20 a day I would have to pay. That is just one expense. Even with DLA I could not afford that. Add all the other extra expenses & without any help many disabled people could not work. So the solution now is to stop us working. The new one is to penalise us if we do & if we do not.

I am opposed to these so-called wars, but at the end of the day these men & women are serving their country. When they are injured it is time for their country to serve them. I have raised this before that people who lose limbs are for some reason not considered disabled or do not need help. How does a one armed person manage, really? They do not some help. Maybe not as much as some other disabled people, maybe more than some. DLA is suppose to be about the needs of the person. PIP is not.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

The problem at the moment is that this government are looking at all DLA claims as fraudulent claims and refusing them all first time round. Even on renewal they use the DWP law that allows them to treat every claim as a new claim even renewals. This is what they stated in my wife's case. They want to save money so they say. But with the way they have this set up all it is doing is redistributing the money earmarked for the disabled to a private company. Then when 80% of the claims are allowed on appeal they end up spending twice as much because they have to pay the backdating in most cases. I fail to understand any department that would spend the equivalent of 8 years disability benefit to stop a disabled person from having a better life. With both myself and my wife disabled it is particularly worrying. We have already been through the mill on this. When my wife's DLA was stopped we had a joint appointment at the no Jobscentre because I was registered as my wife's carer so they assumed I was fit. We were then told to claim ESA as we were both considered unemployable. She was then refused ESA until reconsideration and evidence was sent from a GP who had actually seen her as a patient. This is what will keep happening in 1000s of cases. The DLA/PIP system will say a person is fit. The NoJobcentre will judge them as unfit. And round and round they go. In the meantime the friends of the MPs running these private companies will make millions. I'm too large to climb chimneys. And there are no suitable derelict building in the village I live in for a workhouse. Looks like I'm stuffed.

well i got well and truly stuffed today at appeal so the goverment has saved some money there took nearly 50 weeks to finaly get to the appeal to be heard after spending an hour and 40 minutes being quizzed by the panel they said no

i was none to happy to find a dog in the room big bugger he was too as i suffer from ashma his owner was the one who did the damage as far as i am concerened he was constantly on my case firing question after question without me being fully allowed to answer any of them

so much for serving queen and country

Under PIP the rules were change to something sinister. The definition of being disabled it is to change & appealing will not mean winning because the law will state what is disabled & what is not as the laws have now being passed. We all thought DLA was hard to get, yet most people think it is easy. PIP will be harder to get than winning the Lottery.

WHyi, that is bad news for you. If you feel then panel were not fair you may have the right to complain. I hope someone can advise on this.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Looks like you have the start of an appeal right there Whyi. This happened to my wife. I was named as her representative. The first Tribunal refused to allow me to speak on her behalf so she got a little confused and lost. I used that as one of the reasons for appeal to the upper tribunal and it was accepted. I bet the one doing the damage was the doctor. The one on my wife's FTT kept asking the same questions over and over. Also asking hypothetical questions. Could she find her way back to me if I left her in town alone. Something that would never happen as she does fall down a lot. Unless it was a guide dog then the dog should not have been in the room. Use it as part of the appeal. It affected your ability to operate effectively. Never give up. It took me 193 weeks to get my wife's DLA reinstated, using every little mistake the FTT and the DLA made as a reason.