Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: E-mail Complaint address

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    West Cumbria (Lake District)

    E-mail Complaint address

    See Also - DWP email for disabled customers.

    Occasionally someone asks if it is possible to email a complaint to the DWP.

    There is no email address given on the government 'How to complain' website.

    However I have done some searching and below are valid (at April 2019) email addresses for escalating complaints to the DWP.

    You can use these to make an email complaint about-
    ESA, JSA, Universal Credit, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit

    You should use 'normal' complaint channels (ie. telephone the DWP) before resorting to one of these complaints teams.

    When sending an email complaint the email header should just say "Formal Complaint" and nothing else.
    Then put just what you are complaining about in the first line of the message.
    See my example at post #2.

    These are the regional Complaint Resolution Teams (CRTs):
    NOTE- It appears that these regional teams may not be operating during covid?

    SURREYANDSUSSEX.OPERATIONSCORRESPONDENCETEAM@DWP.G OV.UK – Surrey and Sussex. (There's no space between the G and O, not sure why the forum is showing it like that?)

    SEG.OPERATIONSCORRESPONDENCETEAM1@DWP.GOV.UK - Southern England CRT (covering Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire)

    NORTHWEST.COMPLAINTSRESOLUTIONTEAM1@DWP.GOV.UK – North West CRT (covering Manchester, Liverpool, Cumbria and the lakes, Cheshire, Wirral)



    N-EMIDLANDS.CRT@DWP.GOV.UK - N-East Midlands CRT (East Anglia, Leicestershire & Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Rutland or Midland Shires).

    WESTMIDLANDS.CRT@DWP.GOV.UK - West Midlands CRT (Mercia, Black Country or Birmingham & Solihull District).

    NEE.CRTNORTH@DWP.GOV.UK – North East CRT (North) – (covering Durham, Tyne & Wear, Teesside, Northumbria)

    NEE.CRTSOUTH@DWP.GOV.UK – North East CRT (South) – (covering Yorkshire & Humberside)

    LHC.CRTTEAM1@DWP.GOV.UK – London and Home Counties CRT (covering Kent, Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Middlesex, Surrey, Berkshire)

    On receipt of DWP’s response, if you remain unhappy or need further clarification you can escalate your complaint to stage 2, through:
    (You can also use this if the address above has been changed). – a single address covering the whole of operations. This is effectively the Director General’s support staff you’re writing to.

    DWP have given a commitment to reply to emailed complaints within 15 working days, usually by telephone. (So including weekends allow 21 days for a reply).

    Other email addresses for complaints that I have found:

    Social Fund

    Personal Independence Payments

    Pensions Service/Disability Living Allowance/Carers Allowance

    Maximus and Atos

    CHDA (Maximus) email address:

    Atos email address:
    Last edited by nukecad; 26-03-21 at 19:21. Reason: '.GSI' removed from all DWP addresses.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Similar Threads

  1. DWP 'Missing' mail.
    By nukecad in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-01-17, 10:47
  2. Can I e-mail the DWP?
    By nukecad in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-01-17, 11:50
  3. Lost Mail
    By Momof2 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-01-15, 02:10
  4. The Daily Mail ????
    By vikstar in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-12, 01:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts