Thread: universal credit helpline 0345 600 0723

paul44

universal credit helpline 0345 600 0723

phoned wiltshire council today for housing benifit advice , told you have to phone UC helpline and they avoided answering any questions saying "all working aged people have to call UC helpline"..
    so i called my local council who are paying my rent , told them i may be moving but i want to ask some questions before i move , theys said" sorry you will have to call UC helpline 0345 600 0723".
    the helpline is always busy because its the same number for enquires for , jsa , esa and housing benifit..
    waited 35 minutes in que then gave up..
    its going to get to the point ware you cannot speak f2f to any public sector department.

If you are moving to a Full Service UC area then it will be a new claim and that is the correct phone number to ring.

(It is not for the other benefits you mention, just for UC).

We are all frustrated at the time it takes to get through to a person (I now hate Vivaldi's Four Seasons).

But you have to keep holding, it will only be the same next time you ring.

If you hang up after 35mins then you have wasted that call charge when you were probably almost there.
    (46 mins was my longest in a DWP queue, 9 was the shortest).

I have on other posts mentioned a free service called "WeQ4U".
    Can't post a link right now but google it.
    Last edited by nukecad; 15-08-17 at 18:48.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

paul44
    thanks , local councils are no longer taking fresh claims for housing benifit unless your already claiming with them for people of working age.

No help at all but I got through in about 7mins at midday today.

paul44
    the helpline number is the same for new claims of >>income support >>income based jobseekers>>income related ESA >>child tax credit>>working tax credit>>housing benifit>>social fund payments..thats why its busy and by 2020 everybody will be phoning the same number if there claiming any of the above.
    CAB say if your asking for a MR after april 3rd 2017 you need to claim UC

paul44
    Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    No help at all but I got through in about 7mins at midday today.
    record breaker
    have you been switched to UC phaedra?
    i notice under UC >>WRAG is 73pw and SG is 109pw but they say claiments that wer getting 126pw in SG under the old system will get the difference added on but it dosnt say how long this will continue?

Quote Originally Posted by paul44 View Post
    thanks , local councils are no longer taking fresh claims for housing benifit unless your already claiming with them for people of working age.
    They can take new HB claims if you are already on ESA.

It depends on if it's a UC full service or live service area.

It all depends on what are called the Gateway Conditions in live service areas.

I explained it here-
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...l=1#post132744
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

No thank God, not me

My poor daughter has had the "joy" of dealing with these muppets for the last 15 months, absolutely the most useless bunch of (insert very rude word of your choice here) I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Still ongoing as we speak, rang this morning as she had to get a back dated sick note to get a WCA started, can't just hand it in, had to ring to get an appointment to take it in to the job centre. Don't even mention job centres, there to help you but if you want to talk to someone you can't, not without making an appointment by phone first

paul44
    Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    No thank God, not me

My poor daughter has had the "joy" of dealing with these muppets for the last 15 months, absolutely the most useless bunch of (insert very rude word of your choice here) I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Still ongoing as we speak, rang this morning as she had to get a back dated sick note to get a WCA started, can't just hand it in, had to ring to get an appointment to take it in to the job centre. Don't even mention job centres, there to help you but if you want to talk to someone you can't, not without making an appointment by phone first
    hi phaedra , yes this is what ive been trying to highlight on here the MISTAKES of this new system and the fact that its going to affect everyone SOON and people need to read up on the daily (anouncements) and changes they seem to be making , also local councils are telling people there circumstances have changed in some cases switching them onto UC before they should.
    intresting how there making people attend jobcentres when they claim everything can be done online..
    i think prevention is better than cure and we need to wake up UC is here.