Thread: Esa payment

Esa payment

Hope your may know
    If you get your normal payment on a Friday when will it show on the esa system it's been realised thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy37 View Post
    Hope your may know
    If you get your normal payment on a Friday when will it show on the esa system it's been realised thanks
    Do you mean will it show it's been released?

Yeah I do , sorry should said that

paul44
    on there screen it will show payments made to your bank.

Ok do there issue a few days before Friday ( due date

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy37 View Post
    Hope your may know
    Regular payments are made automatically between Midnight and about 02:30 on the day of payment, using BACS. (Banker's Automated Clearing System).

Its done by a computer with no intervention from a person.
    (Nobody 'issues' it or presses a button, a timer in the computer starts off sending everybodys payments for that day to the banks).

Other non-regular payments (first time payments, backpay, extra payments, etc.) need to be authorised by a person.
    They can then put it on the system to pay out the next night.
    Or in special circumstances they can authorise a 'Fast Payment' that will be transfered in just a couple of hours.

So normally a regular payment does not need to be authorised, and will show as being paid only after the computer has sent it (and has had confirmation from the bank's computer that it has been received).
    Last edited by nukecad; 08-08-17 at 22:07.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Cheers ,

Just rang them to ask payment date , after I put phone down I got a text to confirm the same information never had a text of DWP before is this a new thing