Thread: Motability Car Abroad - Lease Modification?

Motability Car Abroad - Lease Modification?

I have finally got round to registering after reading the forums for quite a while.

My wife and I are looking into going to live in the south of France for at least the next eighteen months to two years. It is mainly to help our daughter and son in law who recently had twins. We will rent out our house in London whilst we are in France and rent a house there near to our daughter. I did speak to Motability a while ago about the viability of taking the Motability car with us and other than ensuring it complied with French regulations (hi-viz, breathalyser kit etc) and getting it serviced on time at a main dealer they could not foresee any problems.

However, in the latest Motability ‘Lifestyle’ magazine, on page 12, it says quote ‘’If you are going abroad for six months or longer, you should contact customer services on 0300 456 4566 as your lease may need to be modified’’.

Does anyone know what this modification to the lease is? I did try to ring them earlier but was stuck in a rather long call queue so gave up as I had to go out.

Many thanks

Gandalf

As far as I can see you cannot claim DLA/PIP mobility award when you live abroad although you can get the care component. No mobility award, no car on Motability

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    As far as I can see you cannot claim DLA/PIP mobility award when you live abroad although you can get the care component. No mobility award, no car on Motability
    Yes, I know you cannot claim DLA/PIP and live abroad but as a WPMS recipient I can.

Hence, I am enquiring about the modification to the lease as stated in the 'Lifestyle' magazine.

Thank you.
    Gandalf

Suggest you get back in the queue and grit your teeth and hang on. sounds like only they will have the CORRECT answer.

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Suggest you get back in the queue and grit your teeth and hang on. sounds like only they will have the CORRECT answer.
    I did ring them yesterday (Saturday) morning but the person who answered the call said the department who deal with these matters had no staff in on a Saturday, so I was asked to ring back on Monday!.

Looks like a long call on Monday morning now!.

Gandalf