Thread: Missing post?

Missing post?

Hello, I posted a thread in the Benefit section of Help and advice last night but it still isn't showing? is there a reason for this?

Thanks

It has probably gone to moderation for whatever reason.
    (Sometimes it can be just a random sample, sometimes its something in the post that triggers the filters).

The moderators here only work office hours Mon-Fri. So it probably won't show till Monday now.

If you don't want to wait you could try posting again.

But if it got filtered on content then it will be moderated again.

One tip without giving moderation secrets away.
    As a new member avoid weblinks or attachments.
    Most fora have filters set to catch these from new members and flag them for modrrator approval.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't add and links or attachments so it looks like it was probably just a random sample! I will try reposting today.

Thanks again

ancojo

Quote Originally Posted by ancojo View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I didn't add and links or attachments so it looks like it was probably just a random sample! I will try reposting today.

Thanks again

ancojo
    I shall look forward to reading it on Monday.

Several of my posts and everything from July 20th have gone missing from my thread about my daughters problems during the transition back to the "old" board

http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...-for-PIP/page3

There should be quite a few further posts shown on that thread.

I'm also still getting the "this site uses cookies....." yellow banner continually, clicking on it just brings up a "page not found" page same as it did on the "new" board
    Last edited by phaedra; 04-08-17 at 00:28.

I`ve noticed that threads and posts which were on forum (1 - 3 August 2017) are no longer shown on Benefits forum.
    Does anyone know or hazard a guess that these will reappear when gliches fixed?
    Thanks

Steve

I just put this on another thread, I'll requote it here rather than giving a link-
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    There was a problem with the update to the new version of the underlying forum software, and they reverted the a backup of the old version.
    So any posts made during the day or so that the new version was up are not currently showing (because they weren't in that backup).

Presumably (hopefully?) the posts that had been made on the new version had also been backed up and will reappear once the new version is re-instated.

I know from upgrading other forums that these odd glitches when upgrading often strike out of nowhere, you think you have everything covered and then......
    Like the time on a forum I moderate where after a minor upgrade all members were suddenly shown as logging on from the same computer - in Mountain View, California. (guess where Google headquarters are).

The problem they had here was that after a day of the new version working OK every page on the forums was suddenly showing blank.
    That's usually a pathname issue with the SQL/database on the server.
    (I can take a good guess why this happened after a day of 'normal' running, but leave it with the yourable admin and the server providers to sort out).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.