Thread: ESA50a form lost by Royal Mail

ESA50a form lost by Royal Mail

Hi,

I posted my daughter's completed ESA50a questionnaire on 28th June via Royal Mail Signed For as it was due by 11th July.

However, as I had not heard anything, I checked tracking information on Royal Mail and there was no proof of delivery so I contacted RM via Chat who looked into the tracking and have informed me that the mail is classed as "lost" and that I can make a claim.

Luckily, I have a photocopy of what I sent so am I OK to send this with a covering letter explaining why they haven't got it and attaching the proof of delivery with the letter.

Also, I cannot remember the full address I sent it to but on the proof delivery receipt it says "Leeds ASC" and post code "WV98 1SL" and when I search for this on RM the full address is Atos Healthcare Leeds M S C, Mail Handling Site A, Wolverhampton. Does this address seem correct or should I also write "Leeds ASC"?

Thank you

Hi. Try & phone the esa office & explain what has happened. I'm assuming that they will send you another esa50 to fill in. If that happened to me then that is the route I would take.

Biscuitgazer
    Don't send them your remaining copy! Either photocopy it, or when you phone the DWP to say it went missing ask for another blank form and fill it in with the answers on your photocopy. That's what I would do.

This happened to me with my PIP form. I had posted it signed for assuming it would get there no problem. A week later I got a call from DWP saying I had called them asking for MR but they hadn't received anything and did I still want to go through with it. I explained I had posted the form and they gave me an extension. I just printed off another copy and sent it in. I included a photocopy of my tracking info/proof of postage for the first letter so that they knew I wasn't fobbing them off.

My ESA50 for some unknown reason according to the DWP wasn't received, (sent by CAB) they stopped/closed my ESA claim and i was without any money for 3 weeks, until they sorted things out, after the CAB sent a copy of it with a letter to presumably escalate it , though i wouldn't call 3 weeks fast