Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: wet room

Indeed, new one to add to the list, new radiator isn't working, checked for an air lock but it's not that, the incoming pipe isn't even warm so I guess there's a blockage somewhere else

What a nightmare, weekend coming up too. Hope get everything sorted to your satisfaction.

Your photos are finally showing.

What a bodge job. I can't believe that a qualified sparky would do anything like that.
    That would be highly dangerous for any bathroom, let alone a wet room.

If they even had a sparky on the team it looks like he was off sick and they have had the tea lad doing your electrics.

I would want the boxing in sealing properly as well, if you get water behind there it will never dry out and start to smell/rot things.

Insist that things are put right, don't settle for 'good enuf' because it's taking so long, get the wiring routed correctly and the boxing in sorted and properly sealed.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Jeepers I not an electrician at all, but even I know a bodge job when I see it! They need naming and shaming, I'd threaten to go to the press!!

Biscuitgazer
    Phaedra if you ask me they got the loo flusher right! I wish mine was that way round, then I would not have to use the tiny round button so often.

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Jeepers I not an electrician at all, but even I know a bodge job when I see it! They need naming and shaming, I'd threaten to go to the press!!
    Is it a case of you get what you pay for.

I had a surveyor and designer spec up a wet room for me. Fitting alone would have cost £4,000. I don't think you save money by using suppliers who cut corners - very shoddy workmanship and unprofessional in my opinion. It's almost as if they were fitting the wet room begrudgingly with no pride in their work.

Four years ago I had a new kitchen fitted by one person. He was a craftsman who had very high standards and enjoyed making sure the job was finished to a high standard.

I think I'd need to see references or talk to previous customers before engaging any workforce even if the Council had contracted them to carry out the work.
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 27-08-17 at 10:55.

Well I've had a few other replies to the photos I posted on another forum, all say it's at best really shoddy work. Also, according to a couple who install wet rooms for other councils etc. the pump transformer that's screwed to a rafter in the loft is supposed to be either in the wet room next to the pump or outside the door as it has the test button which is also used to drain the tray when cleaning the floor etc. instead of having to run the shower, the Whale guide also says it has to be accessible, same as the water flow sensors (as they have replaceable filters in) which from what I can see are buried behind the wall cladding

I'll ring the council first thing in the morning and tel them I don't want the contractor to come back until one of the councils people have been and made a full inspection.

Make sure you have a list of all the faults, dangerous or not.
    Makes me wonder if the person who ordered the work has some affiliation with the contractors, making sure that their pockets are lined. Shouldn't happen but in reality it does.

What about contacting the Clerk of Works, they may well be interested in the very poor/dangerous standard of workmanship. There is also Trading Standards, they were very good with me and made a firm correct lots of faults.

Sounds like a nightmare!!!
    Sea Queen

Rang the council home improvement agency, chap who drew up the specs for the wet room is coming out this afternoon.

Got no sleep at all last night, couldn't get this out of my head