Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: PIP invite arrived for Lighttouch

Biscuitgazer
    Brilliant result, LT! You'll probably have a bit of a wait after you get the decision letter, before you see any PIP money from the DWP, though. . .
    Last edited by Biscuitgazer; 22-09-17 at 07:14.

Now I can start saving for a ramp to my back door or should I book a few days away.
    Do both, you can afford it, - and take your mum with you, I'm sure she could use a break.
    Congratulations.

Hopefully a good result LT. Certainly sounds promising doesn't it.

Meanwhile I had the 'brown envelope' today - with daughters NI and 'my name as the applicant!!

Another phone call I've had to make!

Good side is the chap whp took my call is sending me another form out and has changed the date for return- he said the form had been posted before the info updated!

So --- I can pick away at the dummy form whilst waiting for the correct one
    Sea Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Well, at last, god knows how many years ago my Postcode area was going to be targeted for the invitation to apply for PIP. I held back from applying for a Motability lease car - just in case.

So I'll keep a log to the procedure for the benefit of members and pass on any tips. I have until Fourth July to phone the DWP to start the ball rolling. I got the brown letter on today, Tuesday '13' June and need to phone them before America's 'Independence Day' the Fourth of July! That's three weeks notice to phone and give basic details then they'll forward a PIP Application.

Now I can no longer use my writing hand so can't fill out applications - I can type with finger and thumb or dictate so I wonder if you can apply online - does anyone know.
    You can get someone to fill it in for you, as you dictate; then explaing you canj't write - that will actually work in your favour.

I got my decision letter today that confirms what the assessor's report said with enhanced mobility and care. They've given it for 10 years but it's really indefinite as I'll have retired in 6 years.

I never thought that I would be offered more than I got on DLA. So in my case that's what I call a result.

They said PIP payments will start 4 weeks after the decision letter was drafted.

Good luck to everyone going through the process. The anticipation of what might happen is worse than the assessment in my view.

Time to celebrate with a hobnob and latte.

They've given it for 10 years but it's really indefinite as I'll have retired in 6 years
    You will still be reassessed, 'retirement' has nothing to do with that.

Well, in 10 years time I'll have been profoundly disabled for 40 years so I'm not likely to have made a miraculous recovery from nerve related damage. I'm no longer worried about the process as common sense ruled. I've been summoned to see my neurologist consultant in three weeks. Perhaps he wrote a letter to the DWP and wants to know how I got on!