Thread: Pip assessor home visit (audio recording ) of assessment

Pip assessor home visit (audio recording ) of assessment

Hi All, I hope you all are having a great weekend!
    I am writing up my PIP Form and will post that out to them using recorded delivery so it can be tracked. Face to face assessment usually happens around 2-3 weeks after posting out the initial application. I am going to request a home-visit as I have severe anxiety and I have evidence to support that.

I plan to record the assessment on my 'dictaphone'. And, transcribe the assessment on word format. From my previous experience the assessor lied throughout my assessment.

Capita States that Audio recording:
    Should you wish, you may use your own equipment to record the face-to-face consultation. This must be undertaken in line with the following DWP rules:
    You need to notify us before your appointment that you will like to record your assessment by calling our Enquiry Centre on 0808 1788 114.
    You will need to provide your own audio-recording equipment. Your recording equipment must be able to produce two identical copies of the recording at the end of the assessment, either on audio cassette or CD. Mobile phones and laptops are not suitable mediums for recording assessments.
    You will need to give one copy of the recording to the assessor, at the end of the appointment.
    You will need to sign an agreement that sets out what you are and are not allowed to do with the recording.
    We will retain a copy of the recording for a maximum of 14 months, at which point it will be destroyed. We do not pass on the recordings to the DWP and they are not used in determining your entitlement or award.
    Should you attempt to record the assessment without having contact us first and agreeing to the above guidelines, then your assessment is likely to be stopped and we may return your case to the DWP.

I personally think that Capita should not have a say in my own personal home, if i were to record, it is my house and I am free to do what I want. It then says, I should sign an agreement and not publish the content on social media ie youtube.
    I never knew they have the copy-right of the recording that you did. It then says DWP does not have access to the recording and the recording will not hold any value to determine the assessment verdict by DWP.

I was hoping that any misleading assessor does, having transcribe the assessment should be used in evidence.

Hi.Once you get the go ahead to record, getting a dual tape recorder may be a bit of a bind. Recording is the way forward though. My last and only assessment to be recorded was for ESA. What a different experience it was from prev. But saying that, the assessor was a nurse. She advised me that i got more going wrong than was stated and to change doctor if needed. Treated like Royalty for them 90mins. Good luck

You know the recording rules and if you are found breaking them they can say you 'did not cooperate' and close/refuse your claim.

Your risk.

You do not need a dual tape, evidence grade, machine. Two cheap cassette recorders will do.

They do not have copyright of the recording, you do, but the assessor has personal rights under the data protection act.

Publishing or putting into the public domain anything that could identify the assessor could put you in breach of the data protection act.
    It could also mean you have committed slander or libel.

There are plenty of threads on this forum about how to cheaply, legaly and safely record your assessment.
    Some have links to where you can buy a pair of cheap cassette recorders.
    At least one has a link to where you can download and print off the standard forms that need to be signed.

I'll try to add a link here later.
    Last edited by nukecad; 27-05-17 at 16:25.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Colour 123

Just the sort of attitude and behaviour that compounds difficulties all round.............Ill thought out and petulant at best, self destructive at worst..........Do you really think you have a recipe for success?

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    Colour 123

Just the sort of attitude and behaviour that compounds difficulties all round.............Ill thought out and petulant at best, self destructive at worst..........Do you really think you have a recipe for success?
    Hi Stree, sorry I am having difficulties with understanding what your saying.

I think that what Stree is saying is:
    You know what the rules are, but are saying that you are deliberately going to break them because you don't agree with them.
    That way lies trouble, and you are likely to just make things more awkward for yourself.

As for being evidence, the DWP could rightly get any covertly made recording ruled inadmissable.

Remember an appeal tribunal is a court of law, and courts have very strict rules about recorded and/or transcribed evidence.
    (Which is why the DWP themselves use dual tape, evidence grade, recorders).

Here is a link to a cheap tape recorder, you will need 2 to record an assessment within the rules.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5045864

Here are the rules for recording an ESA WCA, and copies of the required consent forms:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...sessments-faqs
    The rules for recording a PIP assessment are the same.

If you want to use the consent form at that link for a PIP assessment then you will need to change the names "Centre for Health and Disability Assessments" and "CHDA" to either "Capita" or "Atos" - whichever is doing your assessment.

The only difference between ESA and PIP is that for ESA they are supposed to provide the equipment if asked; for PIP you always have to provide your own equipment.
    Last edited by nukecad; 28-05-17 at 03:53.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you nukecad, you are correct in your assumption.