Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts with Manchester

Its just so sad. Its a cruel world and all of us who have children and grandchildren. Hope and pray that things will change.

Doesn't matter what government gets in you only have to remember ira it'll take a long time and some serious stuff for it to be stopped and from what the news as said he was british born as were some of the ones involved in the ones overseas. People have and will always use religion as an excuse to do horrid things, Just to be clear i'm a wiccan There are just evil people out there all religions, colours, sexual preferences and genders. But at the end of the day there are more good people look at all the people who went to help the victims again all races, sexes and ages.
    It's always shocking when children are killed in any circumstances

It's tragic what happened in Manchester and puts all my problems into perspective.Yes if I loose my DLA when I'm asked to apply for PIP life will be very very difficult but I will be able to appeal and I might just might win but the families who have lost loved ones can't appeal to get their loved ones back.My heart goes out to each and everyone of the families who lost loved ones.

It's weird . . . the whole country is at high alert with another attack imminent. Areas around the Arena and Victoria Railway Station plus roads are in lock-down. The artist who was performing that night has cancelled her raining concerts out of respect for the victims.

Armed soldiers are patrolling public buildings. And yet the sun is out against a blue sky, it's hot and people are carryng on their lives as they did before.

Last night I watched Manchester United play against Ajax and beat them 2-0 in the final of the Europa League. The players dedicated the win to those that died.

It's amazed me how the whole world has spoken out about this dreadful act - and so quickly.

As victims who died are being identified I've noticed that one person was employed at a place local to me. It goes to show that we only get one life and life is a gift that we should cherish as our lives could be extinguished at the click of fingers if we are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My heart goes out to the victims who died but to those that endured this horror as they may be maimed physically but mentally for life.

This horror will touch loved ones, friends, school mates and will never leave their minds. Lots of young adults who only wanted a fun night out will now have mental scars that will affect their everyday living.

It is tragic. We are now facing an enemy we can't see and don't know where and when they will strike even in this country.

The only plus point is that this horror does bring communities and families together in defiance of terrorist attacks.

So remember life is a gift not a right. Use it and try to do your bit by bringing a little happiness to someone in need.

Isn't this amazing of our two famous football clubs http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40046082

Light I'd like to agree that the whole world has spoken out about this dreadful act, but, according to good old Google there are 62 mosques in Manchester yet I've not found a single Imam speaking out and condemning the bombing or asking his flock to report anything suspicious to the police.

The only thing they seem to be saying is how concerned they are by the anti-muslim activities they're "suffering" as a result.

I'm not racist or even religious in any way but I find that somewhat worrying.

My sympathies and thoughts are with all the families that are suffering because of this horrendous act.

I watched the news over the days since the attack and all religions came out against it including a muslim leader who did say that all muslims that know anything or hear anything should let the police know if it turns out to be nothing that's better than it being something and nothing is done to prevent this sort of thing happening again. And some of what has lead to the follow up arrests have been from info found through those communities.
    It's odd you think you don't know any one directly but one of the women from a medical group i'm on told me about the 8yr old as she knows the family and an 18yr old as well before it was on the news she also told me yesterday saffies mom doesn't know yet as she's in a coma. Also a girl i chat to locally her niece was over there and got her leg broken because of the rush and said what she saw there was terrible not the stadium vids we've seen on the news.
    You are right Light life can be easily taken i had a cousin who was killed protecting his home and his new born from a drugged intruder aged 23, my 19yr old cousin was killed in a traffic accident both so young so much to live for just gone, my uncle back in the day had just left the pub in birmingham when the ira bomb went off he'd know 2 of the dead. The lucky ones will go quietly in their sleep the rest either lingering health probs will eventually get you or outside forces. It's life ever since i was a child after my 1st surgery at 14months old i said to my mom before i was 2 my granddad died and she said you aren't scared of death are you i said no mom i think life is what i'm going to find hard and i've stuck to that ever since death is easy life is hard either away its the ones around you who love you that ultimately suffer the results of both

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Light I'd like to agree that the whole world has spoken out about this dreadful act, but, according to good old Google there are 62 mosques in Manchester yet I've not found a single Imam speaking out and condemning the bombing or asking his flock to report anything suspicious to the police.

The only thing they seem to be saying is how concerned they are by the anti-muslim activities they're "suffering" as a result.

I'm not racist or even religious in any way but I find that somewhat worrying.

My sympathies and thoughts are with all the families that are suffering because of this horrendous act.
    Couple of points. Firstly, many Mosques have spoken out. Harun Khan, general secretary of the Muslim Council of Britain has condemned this horrific attack. Secondly, there are reports that the attacker was reported to Polce by Muslim friends.

I think all communities can do more to ostracise extremists. Yes there are some within certain communities which shelter such people, and these should be condemned as well. I detest communities which are solely made up of just one ethnic or religious group, by it Muslim, Jewish or whatever. There is no integration.

Extreme, and just a personal point of view, albeit held over many years, is that we should ban all religious outlets. All of them, including faith schools, community centres, churches, mosques etc. Faith for me is a personal thing and can practiced anywhere. To quote 'I play golf but don't belong to any club'. Why is so much charity linked to religion? Surely if people are charitable then the faith doesn't matter?

If anybody feels offended then I'm sorry for that as that isn't my intention.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

As it's a Bank Holiday Weekend and the weather is just beautiful it will attract families into the heart of Manchester.

Organisers had already vowed to go ahead with the Great City Games today, which will see elite athletes compete in a purpose-built arena in Albert Square and a track along Deansgate.

The Great Manchester run is still on this Sunday - it passes around the City Centre. Security has said go ahead as normal with more security in place.

I think that the way to tackle terrorism is to try and live a normal life as usual. If you don't then the terrorist has won.

What's your view.

I totally agree with that LT,

They aim to disrupt life, so don't let them.

Spot the difference:

Simple Minds-
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/enterta...-after-tribute

Take That-
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40015700

PS. It looks like Take That have been shamed into announcing they will do a Manchester concert 'in a month or so'.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.