Thread: Wetroom body dryer

Wetroom body dryer

Hi I am debating whether to invest in a full body dryer.At present I can still dry myself but it is getting increasingly difficult my hands and elbows are becoming more restricted.Does anyone have experience of body dryers in their home?

I have looked at

https://www.firstclasswetrooms.co.uk/valiryo-body-dryer
    http://www.independent4life.co.uk/ap...l#product-tabs

Im in similar circumstances to you with decreasing mobility and whilst still having the ability will shortly, as in the next few weeks be installing one of these myself.
    A decision on the model is still open but im proudly patriotic and will certainly put a British made unit at the front of my list.
    Will do further info/updates as and when but invite info from other users.

Have today installed an Apres body dryer. At £375 it had little competition, its easy to install with clear not translated instructions. Takes up unused space in my medium sized shower cubicle and poses no obstacles/edges/intrusions.
    It promises a lot but delivers a lot, Im impressed!!! dried me effortlessly including my long hair in less than 3 minutes.
    All said its British made, not cheap but has no competition, looks good, reasonable quality but is easy to install and effective in use and comes with a 3 year warranty.
    I am happy to recomend.

Im updating my post after 8 months of use and can only uphold what I have already said in praise of this Apres body dryer, money well spent.
    Its also good for drying umbrellas, rained on coats and at a push clothes on a dryer in a shower cubicle and at the risk of starting another debate our lakeland terrier as well.

Been looking at these for a while as things are becoming more difficult for me. I do have doubt in my mind whether or not they would dry in the creases ie tummy flap or under boobs and would they dry whilst one is sitting or does one have to stand and keep turning?
    Rather defeats the object if someone disabled has to hold flaps up, stand and rotate.

I am also rather dubious about having heating electric heating elements in the shower as they will get wet whilst showering. The last thing one wants is for the power to keep tripping out.

The body drier is very safe, the element is in air mounted in the head on the top of the unit out of the way of water. The water for your shower may be electricaly heated by a shower unit or an immersion heater both of which have elements immersed in water. Even a central heating boiler, although running on gas is a complex electrical device and all methods are safe if correctly installed and maintained.
    If you use the drier in a cubicle the effects are most noticeable as opposed to a bath or wet room.
    Yes you will have to rotate and rub yourself a little but in practice its easy, but we are all different and you will need to find a method that works for you.
    I now dislike staying away from home as I miss my drier so much, just the thought of using a towel seems alien to me now.
    Your worry of electricity reminds me of something overheard a few years ago in the local repair shop....a gentleman dropping of an electric fire for repair was asked if was okay to remove the string on the handle...he requested the string be put back after the repair as it was used to hang the fire from the bath taps!!

Thank you, a drier wouldn't work for me as I am not able to stand and rotate as I would fall over. Never mind, will have to stick with the traditional method.

My god, hanging a fire from the bath taps, that person had been very lucky not to be electrocuted. The mentality of some folk.

In the middle of March this year I had the silliest of accidents and cracked 3 ribs, which did not do a lot for my mobility. I had already fitted a wall mounted seat in my shower cubicle and had to perch on this to both shower and dry myself. Within the confines of the cubicle enough heat was contained to dry myself although not as completely [I was sat on it!!] or quickly, without the cubicle and dependant on room size I do feel the drier might have struggled.
    After many years in the building services trade [water,gas and electrical trades] I could keep you laughing all night with tales of folks stupidity and with my ribs considerably better could now join in the laughter as well. Just this week I found a gas hob fitted with a garden hose pipe and jubilee clips for added safety!! and three weeks back an electric freestanding cooker wired into the socket circuit with no switch and flex way undersized.

The mind boggles at people's stupidity.