Thread: PIP recon, a complete waste of time!

PIP recon, a complete waste of time!

First, thanks to everyone that give me advise about how to put together a recon letter a month or so back.

I Sent a 4 page letter correcting the main errors of the ATOS report in detail.* *
    Just had back today the DWP'd reconsideration letter.* *
    Not only does it come to the same conclusion as the first letter it even quotes the same wrong information that was stated in the ATOS report!*
    What is the point of going through the reconsideration process if they are simply going to ignore everything you tell them!

I just love the way they say you have to appeal within 1 month of the date of their letter. The letter is dated 9th and didn't get here until today (15th). So there's the best part of a week gone already!

I have 2 options for people to help with the appeal. I can go to the CAB or the local law center. Anyone have any thoughts on which is the best course??

Thanks...

I used CAB but wasn't aware of the law centre, so can't comment on their service. The only thing with CAB is they can be tremendously busy and can't guarantee accompanying you to tribunal, don't know if this is also the case with law centre. However I imagine CAB would be more local for you, by the way I was successful went from 2pts care 0 mobility to 9pts care(STD) and 8pts mobility(STD)

Oh there was no difference after my MR, it's a means to an end, it's compulsory before going for tribunal