Thread: ESA payment issue.

Question ESA payment issue.

Hey, first post.

I was due to be paid today but wasn't. I rang them up at and the woman had no idea why it hadn't been paid. She tried to authorize it (I think) but was unable, and said that someone would ring me back before midday.

I've been on ESA, in the support group, since 2012 but was sent a ESA50 form this past January. I haven't heard anything back from them since sending it off and have continued to receive payments until today.

I may just be paranoid and it could be a glitch and go in Monday (happened once before), but I'm finding myself worried that they've stopped it without notifying me.

Is there anything else I can do other then wait around and hope that they actually do call back?

You need to check that they have received your ESA50 form
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Thanks for the reply.

Would I call the number that's on the form in order to find out?

That would be a good place to start they may be able to tell you or transfer to someone who can
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

I called them again and the form was received in time and they've written to my GP. They are apparently in the process of looking everything over.

They confirmed I was supposed to be paid today and said that it had no relation to the form. They still aren't sure why it hasn't gone through and I'm back to waiting for a callback. Although it should be within the next hour.

I can breath a tentative sigh of relief for the moment at least.
    Last edited by Loq; 12-05-17 at 14:46.

I would ring them again.

They said they would call back by midday and they haven't, so it may be that the internal email message has not got through to the payment centre.
    (I've had this before and the message to call back was not going through to the payment centre, twice).

Ring them again and explain you haven't had the call back, ask them to send a priority request or telephone the payment centre instead of doing a "Handover" (use that word).

Take a quick read of this post and then ring them:
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ll=1#post67612
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

That's horribly similar. Thanks for the advice. I'll give it 20 mins or so (if for no other reason then to give my ears a break from that awful music) and then call again.

I got a callback and they are paying the money in today i. The next hour or two.

Thanks for the advice. Now I really can breath that sigh of relief.