Thread: Can anyone share their experiences with PIP

Can anyone share their experiences with PIP

Hello, I hope you all are well and thank you for looking at my page.

I decided to apply 2nd time round for PIP, the first assessment was terrible, fighting my ways through assessor "lies" on my report. They won! although, I failed my driving test more than 20 times, in the end I manage to pass my test, this is one of the reason they said, you can drive you are not disabled!

Anyhow, I feel why not give it another go! I am sick and tired of fighting with psychosis ( depression ) all my life, I have autism which affects me every day, I cannot go out on my own and I feel unsafe and sadly I do have learning difficulties and if someone say something, about a minuet later I cannot retrieve that information of what the person said to me. I cannot remember! My memory is very bad.

I am hoping to receive my PIP application form, I have all the medical evidence with me so that's not a problem. I have self-harmed, I wished I dead, I had enough of life, I feel I am an alien and I come to a planet where I cannot understand people, their body language, when communication gets too much my mind goes blank! I also get panic attacks going outside so i must have someone with me at all times!

I was hoping if you can kindly share some information on what sort of thing(s) could I write on my application form so that the "decision-maker" award me PIP.

Thank you very much and I hope to get some lovely responses from you!

I suggest that you contact this organisation to see if they can help.

http://www.autism.org.uk/services/he...re-rights.aspx

Are you still driving? If so it's not going to help your case, sorry I don't have any tips for learning/mental health issues mine are purely physical.
    My personal pip journey started on 21/06 and only got my award via appeal this week, almost a year!
    It won't cost you anything to try, other than your time, my only tip is if you go for it be prepared to go all the way to tribunal! They will do their best to put you off at each stage. X Good luck x

[QUOTE=oimum;129144]Are you still driving?

I have a driving license but I am not well enough to drive a car. I have been house-bound! I know when I feel I am ready, I would than insure myself but now, it's a no-no!

Well Done, it's great news to hear you have been awarded PIP.

Thank you khan, if you could get something from your doc saying you are unfit to drive would be good

Quote Originally Posted by oimum View Post
    Thank you khan, if you could get something from your doc saying you are unfit to drive would be good
    Than you for your comment
    My health professionals ( GP and Psychiatrist ) are aware that I do have a driving license and I did tell them that. They replied saying: "They would only inform DVLA if I was putting people at risk". And, I do have a car and drive it around. Driving itself is not a problem for me. I am a careful driver, I won''t put anyone at risk. If I feel that I am "unfit" to drive, I would automatically STOP driving!

I don't understand, in one post you say,

"I have a driving license but I am not well enough to drive a car. I have been house-bound! I know when I feel I am ready, I would than insure myself but now, it's a no-no!"

In the next post you say the complete opposite,

"And, I do have a car and drive it around. Driving itself is not a problem for me. I am a careful driver, I won''t put anyone at risk. If I feel that I am "unfit" to drive, I would automatically STOP driving! "

The only advice I can give is get as much evidence as you can starting with doctors letters and hospital letters as priority.
    We put hubby used aides in the bathroom(grab rails so he can stand )and he got low points because of them.The fact that he has to hold on to them with both hands didn't seem to register in their minds that I or a good friend have to shower him because if he takes his hands off the rails he falls.Also they said he cook for himself because we have a few aides supplied by the red cross again he can't stand of lift hot pans or get things from the oven without it being dangerous for him.Low points for that.They also said that because he still drives and grips the steering wheel he had full capacity for gripping .He can manage to pick big things up like a cup but he can't pick his tablets up because they are so small.We are going down the MR route now.

I'd say go to CAB and ask them for help goodluck with it

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    I don't understand, in one post you say,

"I have a driving license but I am not well enough to drive a car. I have been house-bound! I know when I feel I am ready, I would than insure myself but now, it's a no-no!"

In the next post you say the complete opposite,

"And, I do have a car and drive it around. Driving itself is not a problem for me. I am a careful driver, I won''t put anyone at risk. If I feel that I am "unfit" to drive, I would automatically STOP driving! "
    Hi Phaedra, I am very sorry for confusing you. When I feel in a low state of mind, my depression becomes worse, I become house-bound. In depression, I have good and bad days! In my good days, when i feel happy, I do drive the car around.