Thread: Calling London Dial a ride users?

Calling London Dial a ride users?

Hello all,

I've been using Dial a ride for about 18 months, and I have a regular booking to take me to the supermarket and back.

I've been told, I don't remember by who, that if I cancel my regular booking too often they can take it away from me. They are very oversubscribed and have a shortage of drivers so getting bookings is often unreliable, I would be reluctant to sacrifice a fixed booking if this is the case. Do you know if this is true? Has something like this happened to you? Sometimes you've got no option but to cancel as things can be unpredictable but just how often could be too often?

The reason I ask is I only really need a fortnightly shopping trip and cancelling would free up a booking time for another user. So I was thinking about emailing them and trying to adapt my booking rather than cancelling when it's not required, but don't know how flexible they are, so I really need to communicate with people who are regular or long-term users of this service.

I just thought I'd ask you before trying to do anything and would be very surprised if I was the only London resident to visit here.

With millions of people living in London many of whom are disabled. Am I really the only London dial a ride user who visits Youreable?

Ok, fair enough, my post did contain a number of questions that possibly can't be answered.

But not one person who's had even a similar situation? Very odd!

The problems you describe are Nationwide (lack of funding) therefore all I can suggest is, you put your query/complaint to :

Dial-a-Ride Passenger Services
    PO Box 68799, London SE1P 4RD

Tel: 0343 222 7777

dar@tfl.gov.uk

If you're not happy with their response you can then appeal to the London Independent Watchdog :

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/...your_complaint

Good luck