Thread: Home Visit Assessment today

Home Visit Assessment today

Spot on 9am a very nice young lady arrived, she checked my ID and started the assessment.

In fairness I'd have to say she was very good, certainly a huge improvement on the lying tosser I had last year. She went through the various sections of my submitted claim and either asked for clarification or examples and referred to the copies of my medical evidence I had for her when needed.

I have to say it went a lot better than the previous assessment, I wasn't asked to walk or bend etc. and apart from the usual pinch & grip, upper body and a couple of leg bending tests that was my physical examination over and done with.

She reckons about 4 weeks to hear back from the DWP, the whole thing took about 50mins.

I'm almost hopeful but having been through this before I'm not holding out any hope of having my high rate mobility restored but standard rate would be better than having none at all as I have at the moment.

Hi phaedra, hope you get the outcome you want and deserve. I too am waiting for the decision, I had my assessment on the 14th April. I just gave them another call as last time they had not recieved the report from Atos, she said it could be a quality control thing as they only recieved it on the 26th April, this Weds gone ( yeah yeah lol ) anyway she also said I would probably recieve my report and decision at the same time now. Lets hope it is all good news for both of us and anyone else waiting.

chazy

Phaedra,
    It is nice to read that the assessor sounds like she was reasonable and took notice of your claim and sought clarification and referred to the copies of medical evidence which you provided. I hope that this is duly noted in the assessor`s report and that this is taken into account by the DWP decision maker.
    I wish you good luck and that you get the award you want and deserve.
    Please let us know the outcome and should you have any queries or need any help or support, please ask.
    Steve