Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election 8th June

Quote Originally Posted by chazy View Post
    I could never vote Tory, despite all the bull all the parties spout inclouding Labour, my Grandfather and father were miners and both would turn in their graves if I were to put my cross by a Tory. It is not my vote it is theirs.
    There are many people of advancing years who had voted Labour for six decades who will vote Conservative this time. I prefer, on the subject of politics, to express no view publicly. I shall, however, stay up on election night as I have done many times and watch events unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by belvederebabe View Post
    So true, even if they don't like Jeremy, they have to remember anything is better than the Tories and If they don't want Jc as leader to join Labour Party and vote him out. I personally love Jeremy and love the manifesto....
    The problem is and this is what people cannot see, Lib/lab/con are just a coalition a vote for any of them is a vote for more of the same , Hence why i'll be voting ukip

1960 corporate tax rate 35% corporate tax rate 2016 20%

If corporate tax went back to the levels in 1960s and the filthy rich paid the same 85% tax as they did then we would have the best health care ,education in the world and they would still be rich .how many houses do you need designer handbags its obscene .Why does the french government own our water .Labour is right we should own transport utilities etc look after the most vulnerable the aged wont get that from the capitalists ,its the survival of the fittest

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara1951 View Post
    If corporate tax went back to the levels in 1960s and the filthy rich paid the same 85% tax as they did then we would have the best health care ,education in the world and they would still be rich .how many houses do you need designer handbags its obscene .Why does the french government own our water .Labour is right we should own transport utilities etc look after the most vulnerable the aged wont get that from the capitalists ,its the survival of the fittest
    Mathematically perhaps, but in reality increasing tax rates leads to a lower tax take as companies and individuals simply move their operations where lower taxes prevail. Perhaps more should be done on tax avoidance? My old boss was promoted and went from basic rate to higher rate tax. Suddenly the urge to progress and earn more had gone with almost half his pay rise taken in tax. A very complex topic which is explained in some degree by algorithms.

If corporate tax went back to those levels it would not be long before we had no corporations to tax.........
    I will insert a quote here:

The proposal for a big rise in Corporation Tax might well backfire. Having a low rate by international standards is one of the ways the UK attracts substantial inward investment, building a strong presence by many dynamic international companies here. Over the period when the reductions in rate have been put in, our revenue from Corporation Tax has gone up. Why wouldn’t we lose some revenue if we push the tax rate up, especially at a time when the USA is planning a major move the other way. I have no wish to be a soft touch for big business, but it does seem we are finding the right levels of Corporation Tax to get them to pay more.

In 2009-10 the Corporation Tax rate was 28 per cent and the tax take was £36bn/ £6.4 bn of that came from North Sea oil. This year the rate is 19 per cent and the estimate is for £46bn of tax revenue with no revenue from North Sea oil. The take has gone up in recent years despite a major reduction in North Sea volumes of output. So, by cutting the rate from 28 per cent to 19 we have gained 28 per cent more revenue, or an impressive 55 per cent if you adjust for the ending of North Sea taxable output.
    - See more at: http://commentcentral.co.uk/no-such-....jsWQgMSv.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by chazy View Post
    I could never vote Tory, despite all the bull all the parties spout inclouding Labour, my Grandfather and father were miners and both would turn in their graves if I were to put my cross by a Tory. It is not my vote it is theirs.
    So, your vote is determined by what the Tories did to mining? You are aware that MORE pits were closed under Labour than by the Tories?
    You are aware that Labour brought in the privatisation of the NHS through PFI which has costs the taxpayers millions?
    You are aware Labour gave the Contracts to ATOS in the first place regarding ESA?
    You are aware that none of the parties including labour, have said anything about the removal of PIP?
    As an ex Armed Forces person, I could not vote for a party who's leader supported the IRA and terrorists, plus supports the disgusting attacke=s on Pensioners who fought for their country in Ireland.
    You could never vote Tory? I could never vote Labour

hi well said warkman, totally agree regards palmer

Excellent summary by Warkman...All the points made will withstand scrutiny and are well worth remembering by supporters of ANY party.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    Mathematically perhaps, but in reality increasing tax rates leads to a lower tax take as companies and individuals simply move their operations where lower taxes prevail. Perhaps more should be done on tax avoidance? My old boss was promoted and went from basic rate to higher rate tax. Suddenly the urge to progress and earn more had gone with almost half his pay rise taken in tax. A very complex topic which is explained in some degree by algorithms.
    Ironic as it may seem, our very own PM's husband makes his money by helping the very rich and major companies avoid paying tax.
    I doubt those loopholes will be even looked at as she would be putting her husband out of his business, hence why she doesn't ever speak about it.

Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    So, your vote is determined by what the Tories did to mining? You are aware that MORE pits were closed under Labour than by the Tories?
    You are aware that Labour brought in the privatisation of the NHS through PFI which has costs the taxpayers millions?
    You are aware Labour gave the Contracts to ATOS in the first place regarding ESA?
    You are aware that none of the parties including labour, have said anything about the removal of PIP?
    As an ex Armed Forces person, I could not vote for a party who's leader supported the IRA and terrorists, plus supports the disgusting attacke=s on Pensioners who fought for their country in Ireland.
    You could never vote Tory? I could never vote Labour
    JC voted against PIP and disability sanctions, now it's in there's not much anyone can do to change it, but the Tories, including May vote for cuts and sanctions continuously, he led the attack against the newest guidelines. I just cannot comprehend any disabled person voting forr the party that keeps on scimming and scimming the poor. Turkeys voting for Christmas is never truer.
    Blair/Brown may have come up withit, but Corbyn keeps voting against all of the cuts that have been implimented.

As an ex forces, I am sure you cannot be happy about our increased dealings of arms to the Saudi's, the weapons that are then given to our forces enemues?