Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election 8th June

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    Without immigration the NHS will fail. We will be left without nurses, custodial workers, it will come to a crashing holt.
    Don't believe all the daily mail says about immigration, it's propaganda, it's to make people blame everything on immigrants.

We always had control of our borders, you know who was in control? May!
    No we haven't always had total control over our borders, Freedom of movement prevents this, also the ECHR rules are being abused and uses as loopholes that prevent deportation of people who have no right to be here

I have the opinion that voting for any party is like switching deckchairs on the Titanic!

I voted for my Conservative MP purely because she gets things done for her constituents, without her intervention I would still be waiting for cataract operations in both eyes.
    It may not be my party of preference but the local Labour MP was more interested in building a duck hotel and flattening mole hills in his garden.

My local MP is IDS.

I don't care, safe seat or mo, I could never vote for this party, seeing the deaths this government has inflicted, the cuts on the NHS, which results in delays to non emergency operations. I could never live with myself for helping them get in to power and see the awful results. The forms you have to fill in to say you were raped for a third child benefit! The poor young people denied housing enefit, even if they have no parents, or abusive ones.

More cuts will come due to brexitand it will notbe their rich friends suffering them.

Many, many years ago I was heavily involved in Politics, so much so I stood for election three times. Before anyone asks I never did get elected but once I was within 150 votes of being Elected. After that defeat I changed tack and I became an Agent for a Particular Candidate.

So I really do believe that everyone should VOTE. Now I vote do not for any Party, I vote for the Candidate whom I think would make the best MP for where I live.

If you can not find a person to vote for then still go and vote. Out of all the candidates there should be at least one who you do not want to win. Then look for the Candidate that has the best chance of stopping this person of winning and then vote for them no matter what party they belong to.

So when the election comes around, VOTE VOTE VOTE.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

If you don't vote you can't moan, I've said this for the last 30 years or more, I would rather throw my vote away on an outsider than not vote in a general election.

I live in a ward that has been gentrified, the last election we went from Tory to labour but I think it's likely it'll go back to Tory.

My biggest fear is what's up the sleeves of the Tories? We know there will be further cuts to welfare, but what will they be? Increasing the bedroom tax? Further changes to ESA? Means testing benefits that aren't currently means tested? Like PIP, ESA support grou? Reducing the benefit cap again?

We know it's unlikely that the Tories will stop hounding the less fortunate and start hounding those greedy tax dodging corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    My local MP is IDS.

I don't care, safe seat or mo, I could never vote for this party, seeing the deaths this government has inflicted, the cuts on the NHS, which results in delays to non emergency operations. I could never live with myself for helping them get in to power and see the awful results. The forms you have to fill in to say you were raped for a third child benefit! The poor young people denied housing enefit, even if they have no parents, or abusive ones.

More cuts will come due to brexitand it will notbe their rich friends suffering them.
    I don't want the tory self servants in office for another 5 yrs either, i ain't a tory supporter, I do not trust May she is a stooge and a traitor and will not deliver the brexit 17.4 million people voted for, Remaining in the EU with the same rules and laws in place we will meet our demise , our race culture will cease to be

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    I don't want the tory self servants in office for another 5 yrs either, i ain't a tory supporter, I do not trust May she is a stooge and a traitor and will not deliver the brexit 17.4 million people voted for, Remaining in the EU with the same rules and laws in place we will meet our demise , our race culture will cease to be
    Just an honest question but why don't you believe May will deliver the UKs exit from the EU. Article 50 has been triggered, the general objectives has been outlined which include a statement that we'll leave the Single Market, Customs Union and European Court of Justice.

Again just a query
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

That's the thing that bugs me about what they are trying on now.

The European Court of Justice was never mentioned in the referendum.

It is not part of the European Union, it is an international court totally seperate from the EU.

Single Market, Customs, etc. we voted to leave them.
    But not the ECJ it was never mentioned.

Of course this government has been ignoring it's judgenents anyway when it doesn't like them.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    That's the thing that bugs me about what they are trying on now.

The European Court of Justice was never mentioned in the referendum.

It is not part of the European Union, it is an international court totally separate from the EU.

Single Market, Customs, etc. we voted to leave them.
    But not the ECJ it was never mentioned.

Of course this government has been ignoring it's judgements anyway when it doesn't like them.
    May has made noises about replacing the Human rights with our own bill of rights , once we are out of the EU we know what a control freak she is , so whilst reforms or modernisation are needed to put an end to those taking the mick out of our freedoms, we need to ensure that we keep some of the rights we have taken for granted for decades the stuff that isn't being exploited /abused, And our courts should not be undermined by European courts it's only common sense really,
    Last edited by tom34; 19-04-17 at 16:59.

International courts don't undermine national courts, they oversee them.

Funny how national governments support international court decisions -until they get criticised themselves of course.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.