Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: General Election 8th June

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I notice that several newspapers and other commentators have questioned the impartiality of the audience and therefore the BBC? Certainly jeering and booing is not good. As an impartial observer I felt too much shouting down from panel members. I hoping David Dimbleby does better job tonight on QT. I think on June 8th the result will not be reflective of opinion polls. I shall, however, not place bet. I wonder if on Sunday we shall see JC rush onto stage and confront Teresa May. I feel also, Amber Rudd did a fine job and I have to say Farron, Nuttall and Corbyn less so. Robertson did ok as did Wood and Lucas but in latter two very small parties. Also if you look at Electoral Calculus they are [predicting the whigs (Lib Dems) down to just 3 seats.
    Well i think you will be very disappointed, BBC 's question time has to be if not the most biased program they broadcast, So much so i cannot now bear to see or hear it, It enrages me

l worked in the Nhs and this is worrying The Naylor Report the conservatives have stated they will implement this report. Hope you all can afford health care insurance. Also charity's are not allowed to speak out during elections gagging laws and some are very worried about this Governments proposals regarding Dementia
    Last edited by lost; 02-06-17 at 12:01.

I have a terrible feeling that the Tories will win. I'm sure many other people feel the same way as well.
    I am continually flabbergasted how anyone can even vote for the Tories, despite overwhelming evidence that they have been subjecting the sick and vulnerable people of our society to humiliating work capability assessments, victimizing and bullying them and finding them for for work even though they clearly aren't. In some cases people have died of committed suicide because they have been found unfairly fit for work, and yet people are still happy to vote for those responsible, who never face any kind of repercussions for their actions. I don't know how they sleep at night.
    I figure you have to be stinking rich yourself or just plain stupid in the head to even vote for the Tories. All they care about is lining their pockets with the money they've taken from the sick and the hospitals and the schools and the police.
    When the NHS has been privatised and most people can't afford basic healthcare because they voted Tory and allowed private companies with questionable medical certifications to take over, they will be able to rest safe in the knowledge that they could've stopped it but decided to make the stupid decision. I suffer from mental health problems, and I'm happy with my current doctor, I don't want to have to see some pen pushing "doctor" provided by the people who employ scumbag bullies who have the temerity to call themselves healthcare professionals.
    It just makes me so angry that people could be so stupid.
    And it doesn't help that the Tories are using smear campaigns and producing programmes painting everyone on benefits as frauds and fakes, which the idiots who vote for them fall for every time.
    Theresa May has taken funding away from the police, which makes the whole country vulnerable. I don't see how you can vote for her knowing that you won't be safe.
    I really hope people make the right decision. But I don't think they will. And things are just going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    Well i think you will be very disappointed, BBC 's question time has to be if not the most biased program they broadcast, So much so i cannot now bear to see or hear it, It enrages me
    It possible we having parliament which is hung and threfore possibly of another general election in September.

I've seen the stupidity (in my mind) of 'New Labour' under Blair, and recently in many ways similarities in end result in both parties.

I'd rather vote for neither, right now, but its better to vote than not!

The reptiles are having a field day regardless. My care is in an area where staff wages have been disbanded, budgets have been cut over the last 2 parties in power. Local care is hanging on to 'pre care act' rules, illegally, in my mind, due to funding.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingKidney View Post
    I've seen the stupidity (in my mind) of 'New Labour' under Blair, and recently in many ways similarities in end result in both parties.

I'd rather vote for neither, right now, but its better to vote than not!

The reptiles are having a field day regardless. My care is in an area where staff wages have been disbanded, budgets have been cut over the last 2 parties in power. Local care is hanging on to 'pre care act' rules, illegally, in my mind, due to funding.
    I believe it's possible we could have a situation where every party loses. Imagine may has a small majority of say 16 or 18 up 3 seats Corbyn increases labour's vote share and is up a dozen seats or so. All the other parties lose seats. The SNP down a dozen libs down 3 or 4 plaid down 1 and UKIP wiped out.
    So may is returned with her authority compromised but with brexit negotiations about to start no appetite to change leader. Labour in dissary as the moderates hope of a corbyn disaster not realised and corbyn going nowhere. SNP authority damaged with vote share down and a couple of big names gone. The libs down to a few seats. Just a possibility.

As already stated, the gagging of Charities, is of no help to anyone. Cannot remember the excuse for the gagging clause during elections in the first place, it was said it was for something else, but stopped bad news and reports from concerned groups.

However, saw this on YouTube today, it is a Cassette Boy vs Teresa May, did make me smile.

Well gone and put an X in the box. Hopefully don't have to do it for another few years.

Luckily father took me to polling station, managed short distance on foot. Would not have been able to get to it in my wheelchair. There was a ramp at the polling station, but don't know how you get in building using it. The paths leading to it blocked with cars and other vehicles. I only live around 300m from it as well.

Hope everyone else that wanted to vote got there and could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mzmps View Post
    Well gone and put an X in the box. Hopefully don't have to do it for another few years.

Luckily father took me to polling station, managed short distance on foot. Would not have been able to get to it in my wheelchair. There was a ramp at the polling station, but don't know how you get in building using it. The paths leading to it blocked with cars and other vehicles. I only live around 300m from it as well.

Hope everyone else that wanted to vote got there and could do it.
    Have voted, village hall with car park and easily accessible. Does anyone have any predictions?

Does anyone have any predictions?
    Hung Parliament, or slim majority for the Nasty's.

I think the anti Brexiteers will make more of an effort with this one.
    Last edited by Jard; 08-06-17 at 14:53.