Thread: Maybe some good news for folk in Northern Ireland ie f2f assessments

Maybe some good news for folk in Northern Ireland ie f2f assessments

So I volunteer in the learning disability and mental health sector. There is five people from our group (mental health) who have been transferred to pip and none had to have a f2f assessment.
    Four got similar awards and one lost her high mobility which she was expecting and is not contesting.
    I've also heard of a few others who have not had to go to a f2f.
    Now I'm thinking that due to their big recruitment drive here maybe they don't have enough staff to do as many f2f assessments here.
    Or I'm hoping that maybe they are cutting down on the number of f2f assesments in this region.
    Hopefully the latter as I know how stressful this can be for folk with anxiety and or mental health problems.

I'm not from Northern Ireland but I do know from a CPN that PIP/ESA claimants with a psychotic disorder are asessed
    on paper if Maximus /Atos/Capita possibly can but the illness has to be severe with CPA input.
    She says she cannot remember the last time her clients had a f to f.
    I've no doubt someone will be along to contradict but I would take this as sound info.

I saw an interesting answer to an FOI request today that may have a bearing.

Capita are doing the PIP assessments in NI, and they are doing them under a different contract to their main contract in the rest if the UK.

That could explain the difference in approach.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.