Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neighbours spying on me again!

Morning Rasy

Neighbours can be fun can't they

I had similar experiences when my Autistic son and I moved into our bungalow. Our cul-de-sac is all bungalows for over 55's, at the time I was 56 and everyone wondered how I'd been given the house, there was a lot of curtain twitching while we were moving in!.

Luckily once we'd done a bit of door knocking and introduced ourselves almost all of the neighbours were quite friendly. There's still a couple whose noses were put out as they had family trying for the same house but tough luck!.

As said just try and ignore them, get on with your life and do whatever makes you happy, you only get one shot at it after all!.

Take a few 'selfies', then post them through their letter box with a note saying; 'As you have shown so much interest in me when I'm out and about, I thought I'd let you have these so you can look at me when I'm not'.

Another approach would be to do exactly the same back - when you see them in their garden; just go and sit outside and stare at them intently until you can see them squirm.

I like your new avatar pheadra
    Is that your cat?

She was

Tabatha Louise, she passed away about 15 months ago, her "adopted sister" Sophie Louise passed about 2 months afterwards. Every girl cat we've had has had Louise as a middle name, something my daughter always insisted on. Our first (back in 1985!) and only boy cat Mr Ginger has a middle initial of "T" when my daughter asked why I said well that's his full name, Ginger The Cat

All of our cats have been rescue cats, Tabby was taken off a family who used to let their kids kick her and Sophie was rescued from a bag in the Leeds canal by a friend who was a nurse there.

Tabby lived under our dining room table for about a month when we brought her home, only coming out for food and trips to the litter tray. That was almost 13 years ago!, she (and Sophie) quickly became an intergral part of our daily lives, the kids adored them both but to be honest Tabby was always the favourite, she was so shy and gentle, her claws were razor sharp but she never once scratched us even when the kids were little and were a bit rough with her.

It's still very strange in our house even now, it's the first time in over 30yrs we haven't had a cat or three prowling about the place, sleeping where they shouldn't or just generally bringing an air of superiority wherever they went!. As they say, Dogs have owners, cats have staff!
    Last edited by phaedra; 10-04-17 at 13:52.

Ah,she,s lovely
    Sadly missed no doubt
    We have one Ellie,plus a couple of visitors
    Next doors cat comes in if I have the back door open,and a stray tom comes through the flap when we are in bed.
    Sorry to hijack your thread easy,and sorry you have such pants neighbours
    Do you have any pets?

And sorry to keep calling you easy
    It's not deliberate.
    If my phone doesn't recognise a word it chooses it own

Thanks so much Phaedra. Same here you have to be over 55 and I was 28 when I first moved in.
    In fact it probably wasn't my best idea to wear my hair in pigtails the day I came to visit. Oh the curtain twitching that went on!!
    Lots of my neighbours have passed away so then you get the new neighbours and the whole thing starts over!
    I am so glad I'm not alone with this!!
    I feel better that others have sugessted some very entertaining ways of coping.
    Rasy
    Last edited by CrippledLassie; 10-04-17 at 20:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Take a few 'selfies', then post them through their letter box with a note saying; 'As you have shown so much interest in me when I'm out and about, I thought I'd let you have these so you can look at me when I'm not'.

Another approach would be to do exactly the same back - when you see them in their garden; just go and sit outside and stare at them intently until you can see them squirm.
    Sky thanks so much always love your humour and great replies!
    Maybe I will just stare! Then they can stare back.
    Just call me Rasy

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    And sorry to keep calling you easy
    It's not deliberate.
    If my phone doesn't recognise a word it chooses it own
    Hi Deebee no worries.
    I have the same issues - my phone kept saying "easy" now it seems to recognise Rasy but worse it came up saying Randy, now that's just embarrassing!
    Last edited by CrippledLassie; 10-04-17 at 20:12.
    Just call me Rasy

No Nukecad I'll put an immediate stop to
    that here and now it's just Rasy.
    Can you kindly remove your comment?
    I find that rather insulting.