Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderation in overdrive?

Moderation in overdrive?

Why do posts get moderated again after correcting something like adding a missing [/QUOTE] ? surely it's a tad overkill?

Hi Tom
    I've found that practically every time I quote someone it gets moderated.
    The best way to avoid this is simply not to quote in the usual way but to cut and paste using inverted commas.
    It can be very frustrating especially when you have to wait all day for a reply or your post to appear.
    Regards Rasy
    Just call me Rasy

Biscuitgazer
    I've found that they get moderated to death if I post on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitgazer View Post
    I've found that they get moderated to death if I post on the weekend.
    DLF's moderators are members of its staff who work normal office hours (M-F, 9 a.m-5 p.m.) so reported Posts and those that have gone into automatic moderation will only be dealt with during these times. DLF's moderators will deal with reported Posts as soon as they can.
    quoted from section 4 of the forum policy: http://www.dlf.org.uk/content/forum-policy

There are filters that automatically moderate threads based on content etc. and they can be changed to be more strict when necessary.
    (eg. they can be increased at times of high spam traffic).

But no moderator worth his salt is going to say just what automatic rules are being used on their particular forum at any time, that would just let spammers and trolls know how to get around them.

Also remember that they don't just do it for fun, the more posts that get moderated at the weekend the more work it makes for them to check them out on Monday.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Why does this site have much more than any other I have ever used? Out of proportion.

That was my point you have a visible post, spot a grammar error afterwards correct it and it get's re-modded again???? makes no sense to me hence reason for my post

I use around a dozen different forums and I have in the past run my own.

I have never known another forum moderate (unnecessarily IMO) as much as this one.

Biscuitgazer
    Mods could just leave posts alone if they are not suspicious and the user has posted before. Nobody would die from spam and people would report offensive posts.

Biscuitgazer
    Not moderators! I meant the horrible automatic thing that hold people's posts back for the mods to read first.

I have found that when I have tried to post on certain threads the post is moderated. This can result in a reply to a request for advise or support (for example, the original poster about to have an assessment) with a very short time scale not being posted straight away.