Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pip 1 question

Quote Originally Posted by fredaNotSpam View Post
    I doubt you could do that, because the person doing the assessment will need to type their own thoughts, it wouldn't logistically work
    Why not though? Surely it would be the same as someone taking minutes?
    Just call me Rasy

very different. You wouldn't want your medical records for example to consist of a lay person's interpretation of the questions you've been asked and the answers that you've given.

They complete the bulk of the report whilst you're in the room with them

Hi CL, Am not sure how far it may help, but wouldn't what you are asking/seeking come under 'reasonable adjustments' argument? Only say this as am aware friend applying for PIP under 'deafness/hard of hearing' disability & his original f2f assessment was just him, wife and assessor (just for info-as soon as they received assessor report/PA4 which showed no award, they sought added advice from team already assisting in application)

However, as soon as above (no award) MR was prepared and sent including that there had been no offer of either sign language/BSL interpreter & couple of other discriminatory matters. The respone was the offer of a reassessment with what I describe as 'reasonable adjustments'.

Know you are experienced in ESA/PIP but would it be worth seeking welfare right assistance on this aspect? Think am correct in saying that you have not yet set in motion your migration from DLA, so time is on your side!

Hi Spencer69
    Great advice and food for thought yes you are correct in that wheels aren't in motion yet and I'm prepared to wait for the PIP "invite".
    Will let you know when the brown envelope arrives!
    Rasy
    Just call me Rasy

I couldn't remember the chapter & verse quoted in the MR letter mentioned, which resulted in 2nd f2f assessment, but think it was 'Equality Act 2010' those helping mentioned in MR letter. Am more than certain that other members can advise quoting this, and maybe get a draft letter to DWP/ATOS/Capita going for others to use/amend.