Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pip 1 question

Pip 1 question

I'm on indefinite DLA HRC & HRM
    I haven't been invited yet to claim PIP just wondering if 100% of claimants have to have f2f for pip1?
    I'm not bothered about it too much except that I have mild ASD (not claiming for this) and I find sounds like typing on a computer very loud as I have hypersensitivity to sound and I get easily distracted/poor memory - again not claiming for this.
    Would it be reasonable to ask for another person in the room to type while I have direct f2f eye contact with the accessor? This will make a massive difference to my anxiety.

I have no reason not to go to an assessment centre infact I'd prefer it. I will go alone as I'm fiercely independent and I want them to see this.
    I have severe and multiple physical disabilities so will be only claiming for the physical issues.
    Last edited by CrippledLassie; 05-04-17 at 09:02.
    Just call me Rasy

My hubby has his F2F on the 13th April and he is on highest rate care and mobility indefinetly.
    We had a man come to fill the form is for hubby.We went to CAB to see if they could help us but they are short staffed of people in the know to do the forms but they rang a charity in our home town that helps people fill forms in.He did put on the form because of hubbys difficulties home visit would be best but DWP ignored that and we have to travel about 25 miles to the F2F.aaOur daughter is taking time off work so she can lift his scooter in and out of the car for him.I just hope theres no steps or the F2F will be in the car park lol.
    It's so flaming stressful.
    Also we will be recording everything that is said.My MS nusrse told hubby to record everything.We will tell the accessor we will be taping the conversation.
    Rasy try and take someone with you.2 heads are better than 1

Rasy, your disability seems quite severe I would imagine you would get a home visit, I'm not a gambler but I would place money on it, have you thought on applying voluntary, this is what I done it also saves the stress and worry on waiting, most claiments do unfortunately need a F2F but a small amount don't it varies on your medical evidence and conditions and if your doctor thinks it's detrimental to your health to have one.

Blastoff my hubby can't walk more than 5 steps and has to use a scooter when he goes out.He can't climb steps or stairs which was all put on the form along with a request fir home visit but he had to go somewhere for the assessment .Rasy I really hope you get s home visit

I am sure PIP 1 is conducted on the phone unless you asked for a PIP 1 form to be sent to you like I did for my daughter although they are dragging their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    Blastoff my hubby can't walk more than 5 steps and has to use a scooter when he goes out.He can't climb steps or stairs which was all put on the form along with a request fir home visit but he had to go somewhere for the assessment .Rasy I really hope you get s home visit
    I think that's terrible, did your GP support you with a home visit request? I noticed your question on other part of forum, usually it takes 2/3 weeks but it depends on the area, you can call and ask for an update and if there is one they can tell you the decision, best of luck with the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
    Rasy, your disability seems quite severe I would imagine you would get a home visit, I'm not a gambler but I would place money on it, have you thought on applying voluntary, this is what I done it also saves the stress and worry on waiting, most claiments do unfortunately need a F2F but a small amount don't it varies on your medical evidence and conditions and if your doctor thinks it's detrimental to your health to have one.
    You are right there! They usually take one look and say "Right, ok then.." and look more terrified of me than I am of them!
    I did think of applying voluntarily but I don't see the point as my condition is now worse and I'm already on the highest award. Just happy to wait.. and wait!! Will let you know when the brown envelope appears.
    Just call me Rasy

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    My hubby has his F2F on the 13th April and he is on highest rate care and mobility indefinetly.
    We had a man come to fill the form is for hubby.We went to CAB to see if they could help us but they are short staffed of people in the know to do the forms but they rang a charity in our home town that helps people fill forms in.He did put on the form because of hubbys difficulties home visit would be best but DWP ignored that and we have to travel about 25 miles to the F2F.aaOur daughter is taking time off work so she can lift his scooter in and out of the car for him.I just hope theres no steps or the F2F will be in the car park lol.
    It's so flaming stressful.
    Also we will be recording everything that is said.My MS nusrse told hubby to record everything.We will tell the accessor we will be taping the conversation.
    Rasy try and take someone with you.2 heads are better than 1
    I am more dependent on help and assistance from strangers when I don't have someone with me so although it sounds a bit bizarre with my high level of disability, I'm going ask THEM for any help I will need.
    I am super independent and am used to members of the public helping out.
    I will have more of a voice on my own and feel this will give me the best outcome.
    Will let you know what happens.
    Just call me Rasy

Any thoughts on asking for an extra person in the room to do the typing while I speak to the assessor f2f?
    Just call me Rasy

I doubt you could do that, because the person doing the assessment will need to type their own thoughts, it wouldn't logistically work