Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buses and Wheelchairs

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Yes, I agree; people can be incredibly selfish. It seems this type of person always occupies the seats closest to the door so they have less distance to walk.

Although I'm a wheelchair user, I'm still quite a generous person and would not expect a mum with toddlers to take the baby out of the buggy to make room for me - I could always take the next bus. If she only has the one child in a buggy though, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect her (or him) to do so. The buggy can be folded - I can't.
    Sky, I like your personality. Impressive! Wish all thought the way you take things of face life.

When it comes to the 'grumpy old ***** club', I think I qualify as chairman.

Although far from scientifically accepted and just a little bit silly; I'm a great believer in the theory that we as humans are de-evolving and in time will end up as primordial soup once again.

...............Anyway, lesson learned: Never get on a bus after the pubs have tipped out................
    Strewth, where do you live? Our last bus coming back home departs from the town centre at 6:30pm, with no bus service at all on Sundays & Bank Holidays.

...............Anyway, lesson learned: Never get on a bus after the pubs have tipped out................
    Ten years ago there were two local pubs, but alas both have now closed. One was demolished to make way for a small block of flats, the other is now a Tesco Express.

Chris

I'm lucky to be on the main bus route between larger towns, so the buses run quite regularly.

Out of town, it's the same as you Chris - one village nearby has only two buses a week.

It's such a shame that so many pubs are closing down isn't it? I've always been a 'real ale' drinker, so drinking at home doesn't have the same appeal for me. Besides, I have always liked to get out for a bit of company and a chat.

When I was AB and working, I always had a local and was a 'regular', but as I rarely get out of the house now, it's even nicer when I actually can.

My new wheelchair has given me a lot more freedom - I just wish my body would allow me more too. Ho hum . . .

Quote Originally Posted by pcarol View Post
    Sky, I like your personality. Impressive! Wish all thought the way you take things of face life.
    Thank you; very nice of you to say so.

I do have a nicer side and consider myself quite altruistic the majority of the time. Of course there is a darker side, where I just want to pull out a gun and shoot bad-mannered and selfish people on the spot.