Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP awards

PIP awards

Hello everyone
    Am new here , Have been reading Your amazing posts
    I have a Brain injury , since January 2013 , deaf in my right ear because of it which makes me lose my balance when I walk , I have other things not good which i I'll say another time
    I am extremely extremely ecyrrmly still confused
    I had my pip tribunal on the 16the of march which I had to have a lady come with me who works at a place called Headway in Bristol who Help people with Brain injuries
    It was an Enormous stressful draining day for me
    I do suffer with Agoraphobia too

The judge awarded me the pip award even before we sat down after the interview thingy

Does that mean it is deffinate that I will get pip ? I have been told that I will .

The wait is tearing Me apart St the moment , I love alone so don't get any help when I am like this which is and has been every day

The only visitor I get is my social worker lady who comes every Tuesday morning (Headway outreach) 9 15 am - 12 15 pm ) I need Help every day not just three hours a week

Please Please Please Help Me , also the tribunal gave me a letter before we left saying the appeal was sucesful

Thanks for reading my long asking message
    Last edited by Lypton; 28-03-17 at 15:50. Reason: Wrong spell

Quote Originally Posted by Lypton View Post
    Hello everyone
    I have a Brain injury , since January 2013 , deaf in my right ear because of it which makes me lose my balance when I walk , I have other things not good which i I'll say another time
    I had my pip tribunal on the 16the of march which I had to have a lady come with me who works at a place called Headway in Bristol who Help people with Brain injuries

The judge awarded me the pip award even before we sat down after the interview thingy

Does that mean it is deffinate that I will get pip ? I have been told that I will .

The wait is tearing Me apart St the moment , I love alone so don't get any help when I am like this which is and has been every day

The only visitor I get is my social worker lady who comes every Tuesday morning (Headway outreach) 9 15 am - 12 15 pm ) I need Help every day not just three hours a week

Please Please Please Help Me , also the tribunal gave me a letter before we left saying the appeal was sucesful

I forgot to ask You all , who and what I'd ATOS? Are they someone I should be phoning about my pip? I haven't ever heard of them till I read your messages about them

Hi Lypton, Welcome and you couldn't be in better hands for asking questions, such as you do in your post, of the bunch here on this website!

Never forget, there is no such thing as a daft questions, especially when dealing with any type of social security benefits, and of course, DWP as a whole, together with ATOS/Capita and Maximus (CHDA). You will receive

Simple answer to your question 'does this mean I will get PIP'? YES, you will. As you write, tribunal gave you letter saying your appeal was successful. So, a massive congratulations to you on that point. Going to appeal under the circumstances you describe, firstly for anybody can be such a massive strain and many do not bother going as far as you did, and in your specific circumstances, successfully.

The only information you are now waiting for is what level of award you have won and for how long. There may well be additional financial support that you may now be entitled to on basis of you winning your appeal, but this will be dependent upon your own personal circumstances. Many other members here will be able to point you in definite direction once you can tell us all little more about your award and your current situation.

As far as who are ATOS, briefly-ATOS are a company who now do the PIP assessments in the north of UK. South is covered by Capita. ATOS, used to have the contract for all of UK for ESA only, when Incapacity Benefit was migrated to Employment & Support Allowance. However, ATOS lost the ESA contract with DWP, only to be given another for PIP.

Least, for the moment you can now relax. Again, massive congrats on your win :-)

Lypton, I forgot to mention, or ask, when you write

'The only visitor I get is my social worker lady who comes every Tuesday morning (Headway outreach) 9 15 am - 12 15 pm ) I need Help every day not just three hours a week', is this the same lady who attended the appeal tribunal with you? I only ask as it may be that when she comes round next Tuesday, it could be that she will be able to explain everything, now you have won your appeal and have been awarded PIP, and explain any further entitlements that you maybe able to claim!

Wellness
    Hello everyone

Lypton is that meant to say "long ass message?" Lol - nothing is ever too long or annoying on here, that's what we are all here for, to give/offer moral support, as well as advice based on our own personal experiences. Just hold tight, you should receive information soon about your level of award, or you can just ring them - ask your social worker to do it, and also when the backpay/first payment will be made x

Hello Spencer 69
    Thank You so so much for putting my mind at last at rest

My name I'd Kev by the way

My letter says

The appeal is allowed
    The decision made by the secretary of state on 01/08/2016 in respect of the personal indpendance payment is set aside . ( I don't know what set aside means ) ?
    Is entitled to the daily living component at the enhanced rate from 31/08/2016
    It is inappropiate to fix a term

13 points it days scored

The same for the mobility component scoring 12 points

The judge has signed it as well if that makes a difference

I Hope to hear from you soon

( I don't know what set aside means ) ?
    In the case of a tribunal decision "set aside" means rejected by the court.

So that is saying that your 'appeal is allowed' (you have won your case) and that the original decision made by the DWP (acting for the Secretary of State) is rejected by the court and a new decision made in its place.

It then goes on to say what the new decision is and gives you Enhanced Daily Living and Enhanced Mobility components.
    These are the highest awards that you can get.

As spencer says having these highest PIP awards can mean you are now entitled to further help and benefits.
    Your Social Worker should be able to help you with these.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hello nukecad
    Thank You so much for explaining what that means

I'll speak with my social worker on Tuesday , She wasn't the lady who took me to the tribunal though , I think I'll be happier when everything gets into place and running

Both You and spencer69 have been extremely Helpful to Me , I cannot Thank You both enough

Have not long had a phone call from the DWP saying money will be in my bank account 3-5 working days

Hello Lypton

Well done on going to the tribunal and getting the award you deserve.

It sounds like you have a few years respite from another PIP reassessment too, as your letter says it is not appropriate to set a term.

Many of us have found the whole process stressful and draining so you are definitely not alone in those feelings.

Hopefully the DWP will keep to their word and you will soon see the money in your bank.