Thread: careers

careers

Hi all sorry i have not posted for a while not been too good but i am back now,and my question is when i was in hospital i wondered if a career stays with me a few night during 7 days will that interfere with my e.s.a?.My condition has took a turn for the worse as i feel and am bed ridden at present so i need somebody to help me through the night as my other career my son is studying for exams and i can not put the extra pressure on him while he is studying for G.C.S.E im sure some of you can understand that,so therefore my other career has offered to come a few nights until i can cope again but i am concerned that my benefit may be affected any help please????

Regards Samantha.

I am sorry to hear this. I do not see why it should affect it, other than if the person is living there & paying rent or towards bills, then of course this is classed as income. If they are staying overnight as a carer then you have that right & can show the need. I am not sure if you need to inform them of this though.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    I am sorry to hear this. I do not see why it should affect it, other than if the person is living there & paying rent or towards bills, then of course this is classed as income. If they are staying overnight as a carer then you have that right & can show the need. I am not sure if you need to inform them of this though.
    Hi Stephen thank you so much as i have a young child as well that is demanding through the night obviously i cant get up to deal with him so my career at the moment is helping me in that department as well,my career pays nothing towards anything while she is here looking after me she even brings her own food lol.I have trolled the internet about careers stayig over night but i just could not find anything so ty very much for ur reply xx

Quote Originally Posted by sambo-79 View Post
    Hi Stephen thank you so much as i have a young child as well that is demanding through the night obviously i cant get up to deal with him so my career at the moment is helping me in that department as well,my career pays nothing towards anything while she is here looking after me she even brings her own food lol.I have trolled the internet about careers stayig over night but i just could not find anything so ty very much for ur reply xx
    Hi well i rang the benefits enquiry line and i have got to ring my local office to tell them that my career stays over so now i presume i will have to prove im not in a relationship with the person so i shall give them a ring and hopefully get this sorted out i would absolutely hate myself if i have been doing wrong by allowing my career to stay over11.Mind you they did keep going on about being in the support group why this would make a difference i don not know x

I can see how ahrd it is for you, & you do need the help. It is always best to report things, just to be sure you are covered. Yes, when someone is in your home for more than a visit it can lead to questions, which is a fair point really. You have done nothing wrong, you are entitled to care, it is just assumed if someone is staying they are living there, & therefor it has other assumptions. All you can do is be honest about it, & do not allow anyone to make you feel in the wrong.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen