Thread: This has been a absolute nightmare!

This has been a absolute nightmare!

I must say I've never had any issues with esa renewal before.

So I received my esa50 for back in October filled it out and sent it back, I called in January and they stated they wanted me in for a assessement which is fine I've been to two previously but the advise they have moved the assessment centre for my area, as the years have gone my condition is to the point where I can't go to places I don't no.

So I spoke to my mental health practitioner and she wrote me a supporting letter, I sent this off and they recieved on the 8th of February and advised there "doctors" was looking at the file again.

I then called up again a few weeks later to be advised that my file was returned to Dwp on the 23rd because I'm in India until the 04th of may!!! I had no plan to go there, I've never been I advised them of this but had to call dwp. They accused me of lying "why would we have this information if you not in India" .

After hundreds of calls to both health advisory people and Dwp and complaints filed and under investigation after both blaming each other my file gets passed back to the health people.

They then request the esa13 or what ever it is from my doctor my doctor fills this in and they have recieved this, they then go to tell me that I still need to attend a assessment and the centre, it's seems like they have ignored that letter and all supporting information.

I've now sent a gp letter which I had to pay £20 for and the other letter and all my supporting information AGAIN as I feel it was ignored or not passed back to them with my orignal esa50 form, some one on the phone pretty much said it was lost.

I haven't involved my mp as of yet as I was hoping this could go smoothly after, but it's still a bumpy ride. It's so frustrating.

I would advise you to involve your mp now, it's not fair for you to do this alone, that's what your mp is for.

*your in India* till may? Are you claiming CB ESA or IR ESA there's a rule to inform them of a 28 day holiday from the uk which can be extended for medical treatment abroad, I'm not sure if that will go down to good with the DWP I apologise if I've got the wrong end of the stick?

Sorry i seen they accused you of being in India? As rob says contact your MP they will sort it pretty quick
    Last edited by Blastoff; 18-03-17 at 09:37.

Thank you, I'm going to write a email now, I'm not very good at wording things, sorry blast off.

They mixed my file with some one else's which is terrible then it's took over a week to sort out I keep getting letter saying my esa has been stopped. I can barely leave let alone travel to India. And the just keep blaming each other.

No worries it's not your fault, it's my fault for being lazy lol, you should of asked them if they want a curry brought back haha, try not to worry I know it's frustrating perhaps phone your local council welfare rights department they have access to direct numbers to get things moving, best of luck and keep us updated

Hmm,

and the person who is in India will presumably have been sent a date for an assessment to their UK address, and their ESA will be stopped when they fail to attend.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yeah, I do feel sorry for the person who advised they are traveling. I wrote a email to my local mp this afternoon he has helped me before. Thanks again

I received this reply yesterday from my local mp.

We are sorry about the difficulties.
    Colette Hanson will see if we can give advice or help.
    Peter B

Sir Peter Bottomley MP
    bottomleyp@parliament.uk
    0207 219 5060, 07831 323333
    House of Commons London SW1A 0AA

It seems a rushed reply on a Saturday. When I had issue with my dad it wasn't like this it's was that they was interested in helping x