Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PIP Claim Tome Arrived today

PIP Claim Tome Arrived today

The return date by date is 8th April. That is giving me approx. 2 1/2 weeks to get it filled in and posted to be sure it arrives by the said date. Struggling to get help with filling it in as I just can't cope with forms now. Keeping my fingers crossed that just one organisation may be able to come out to see me.
    Meantime I will get a copy and pencil complete it first to the best of my ability for hopefully someone to check before copying it out.
    Just looking at it has made me feel like crying as I can't honestly face it but face it I must. I will not let them get away with robbing me of my entitlement after working and paying into the system for years.

CAB will help you to fill it in if you can get seen in time.

I can't get there although they do come into local dr's surgeries. The local surgery where I am not a patient has a session but I am not eligible because I am not a patient there. My doctor's surgery also has CAB visits but the CAB that visit there do not cover the area I live in.
    So stalemate for CAB.

How about AGE UK (if 50 or over) they usually do house visits as well.

There may be something here you can use Beau:
    https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/getting-advice
    Last edited by Jard; 17-03-17 at 16:42.

I will wait until the Unemployed Workers Centre get back to me although it will be Monday now.
    Our nearest Age UK is about 25 miles away but if nothing comes of the above I will contact them and see if I can get a home visit in time to get it back to DWP.
    Oh problems of not being allowed to drive because of medical reasons.

TBH, I am stressing about it all, like most folk I think, but at the end of the day you can only do so much and what will be will be.

I have even thought of abandoning it all but why should I ?

Thank you all.

Have you thought about typing your answers. This is allowed and you can write "See page ... of ..." in the space on the form where you would write your answer. I did this and it means that I can use a lot of the same information next time, just reading it and editing anything that has changed between my recent claim and the next. I'm hoping to add to it with examples as they arise so that it's a less daunting task next time.

For you it might be easier for anyone coming to help you if you've already got your thoughts in a document that they can cut and paste and add to as necessary rather than in pencil on a form. I also found the form very daunting. I broke it down with a new page for each activity and then just started with bullet points that I thought I should mention for each task and then padded that out a little bit at a time. It made it a little easier for me doing it that way.

I hope you are able to get someone to help you with it. It might be worth phoning them and asking for extra time. I was given an extra 2 weeks which helped a lot.

might help

welfare rights will come out to you its worth a phone call to them even if not in the area hope it helps good luck ..im waiting on my f2f they have had my form now since 20th feb but sent text saying we recieved your forms and that was dated 27th but mines got signed for by them on the 20th
    make sure you return it reg so they have to sign for it so send recorded and signed for and u can track it on royal mail.. hope this helps you
    im dreading my f2f really knocks you for 6 not knowing what they are going to say to you good luck

Came today and has to be back for 8th April, factor in the time for the post to get there and it really cuts down the timescale.

Will wait and see if I can get the help in time, if not I will ask for extra time. Did you get that in writing as proof?
    Such a shame that you have to cover your back for everything.

I am certainly going to return it registered, I wouldn't do any other. I don't trust them or Royal Mail as far as I could throw them.

Welfare Rights in our area no longer come out, only give phone advice.
    Last edited by beau; 17-03-17 at 17:36.

with my form i put it into the envolope that it was to be returned in and thats 2nd class when it was taken to post office and was asked send it recorded and signed for they just took the diff from the 2nd class already on it..and they gave a tracking number ..i just kept going onto royal mail and checked the tracking and on the 20th feb it came up with signed for so i took a picture of it and kept it incase any problems
    well untill i got the text the following week saying they had it .
    not sure who else can help fill t out for you there has to be some one try typing into google who can help me fill up my pip form in the ????? area ,,,or ring dwp and tell them you need help or when you ring the free number to tell them you are wanting to claim pip ask them they must know some one who can help you surely ..its worth a try hun

Thank you, that is a thought to keep in mind.