Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: disabled are work being unfair!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayde38 View Post
    I too am having problems at work. I work for the Ministry of Justice and have done for many years. Recently I moved offices and have been having problems with my new managers. When I requested reasonable adjustments I was told they could not be accommodated. Instead it was suggested to me that I should apply for Voluntary redundancy. As a result of the lack of reasonable adjustments I have been put onto a performance improvement plan (the step before dismissal). In the meantime the voluntary redundancy is being pushed constantly. This is putting me under s great deal of pressure and affecting my health. I approached our personnel department but they referred me back to the managers (who are ther problem). I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have been to the union but they are worthless.

Does anyone know any good disability lawyers in London?

Thanks
    It's ironic that you work for the ministry of justic and they are ignoring your rights! Contact your Union Rep and demand to see a union employment law solicitor as I am sure you have rights under the disability discrimination act re making adjustments at work. From what you say about how you are being treated, I would say your employer is building up a case of cunstructive dismissal that you can sue them for at an Industrial Tribunal. Contact ACAS for free advice.

Disability Discrimination act info;
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...hts/DG_4001068

Constructive dismissal info. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...al/DG_10026696

ACAS - http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461

Jayde38. Any update? Did you resolve your problem?

Hi Duncan, thanks for the message. Unfortunately not. It is still ongoing.

Regards
    Jayde

Regards
    Jayde
    Hi Jayde, are you off on sick leave now? You were obviously advised to contact 'Access to Work' that's why they made 'reasonable adjustments' and got you an ergonomic chair to ease your back problem.

So give us an update of your position.

Are you working part time.
    Have they offered you an alternative post . . .

I too am having problems at work. I work for the Ministry of Justice and have done for many years. Recently I moved offices and have been having problems with my new managers. When I requested reasonable adjustments I was told they could not be accommodated. Instead it was suggested to me that I should apply for Voluntary redundancy. As a result of the lack of reasonable adjustments I have been put onto a performance improvement plan (the step before dismissal). In the meantime the voluntary redundancy is being pushed constantly. This is putting me under s great deal of pressure and affecting my health. I approached our personnel department but they referred me back to the managers (who are ther problem). I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have been to the union but they are worthless.

Does anyone know any good disability lawyers in London?

Thanks
    I really hope Jayde38 comes online soon... for various reasons...

I'm actually a PCS Union Safety & Disability Rep, working within the Ministry of Justice, and I'm on 2 disability committees... firstly I am on the PCS-MoJ Disability Advisory Committee, and secondly I am currently a Executive Member of the new MoJ Disability Network... plus I am of course disabled...

Until a few days ago, I was unaware of this online community/forum, and only became aware after a simple Google search, which drew me to the following post http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...=9735#post9735

So Jayde38, if you come online soon, send me a private message even if your not a PCS member... if your smart, you might be able to find on the MoJ Global address...

www.ulcerativecolitis.org.uk

Regards
    Jayde
    Hey Jayde38... just from reading what you have said here, I know you work for the MoJ somewhere in London...

What I don't know is weather you are a PCS Union member or not... if yes, whats your Rep doing... I only ask as I am also a Rep, but more importantly, I'm a Disability Rep...

But even if your not a Union Member, I might still be able to help you... as I am also a Executive Committee Member of the new MOJ Disability Network (offically launched 26th March 2012).

The question I want to know, is why did they take you on, if they couldn't accommodate you...?

Regards
    Paul Scully
    Last edited by pdtscully; 27-03-12 at 07:03.

I've been in this situation several time in my life,and my wife has just gone through it.
    I didn't see any mention of the Access to work scheme or the disability employment officers that are suppose to be accessible
    at job centres Ring your local one and ask. Also ask your employer do do it as well the service should advise everyone.
    Finally look at there web site.http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...mes/DG_4000347

please post progress Beardo