Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: disabled are work being unfair!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wendy111 View Post
    hi thanks for all your replys this is an up date of whats happened next after haveing interview with ot at work i rang my people manager today . i explained how my meeting went with the ot and that i was not very happy in the way that i was spoken to or happy at the out come . she was very nice but said she was haveing difficultys because there was no hours on any departments i find this hard to belive really!!!!! i said what about cash office was told this would not be suitable for me !!! how would she no this i said u are only persuming my capabilitys can i try it !! in the next breath she said well i am in a sticky position and i have infact contacted a company called remploy who are coming out next wednesday to see me to give me advice also she had contacted disability advisor at job centre plus but she had not got back to her yet . if i had not rang her i said i would not of known of this meeting she then said i could come along !!!! so i now have a meeting next week i am hopeing it will help and i hope i will not feel bullied or intimmidated in this meeting but i will be putting ideas forward , i dont really no what remploy can do for me or the company any advice there will be welcome i will keep u informed thanks wendy
    Check this site. It will tell you where you can get Employment Law advice which is what you need.

http://www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk/en/about/

Account removed
    Sadly lets hope they can keep going after the changes to legal aid comes in, cuts to funding are already seeing places like this close.

the best bet if you cannot get this is, of course the CAB

hi my up date so far had meeting with remploy and my people manager i have been back to work for 2 weeks now the support has been brilliant new chair cost company 1000 pound !!! another colleauge helping me and gone back doing short shifts and can up my hours when i feel ready !! remploy have been fab and helped me greatly so please dont belive everything you read

Account removed
    Where did Remploy come into this

Quote Originally Posted by wendy111 View Post
    hi my up date so far had meeting with remploy and my people manager i have been back to work for 2 weeks now the support has been brilliant new chair cost company 1000 pound !!! another colleauge helping me and gone back doing short shifts and can up my hours when i feel ready !! remploy have been fab and helped me greatly so please dont belive everything you read

As you contacted Job CentrePlus about your back issue they've been in touch with 'Access to Work'.
    http://research.dwp.gov.uk/asd/worki...age=ib_ref_atw

Somebody no doubt came out to see you to assess what 'reasonable adjustments' could be made to your work station under the Disability Discrimination Act DDA.
    http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/a...in-employment/

So now you've been supplied with a custom built chair that will feel like heaven.

Does it look like this by any chance?
    http://www.back2.co.uk/Ergonomic-Cha...hair-p265.html

Quote Originally Posted by treborc View Post
    Where did Remploy come into this
    They came into it because you slagged them off

Account removed
    Temper temper.....

I too am having problems at work. I work for the Ministry of Justice and have done for many years. Recently I moved offices and have been having problems with my new managers. When I requested reasonable adjustments I was told they could not be accommodated. Instead it was suggested to me that I should apply for Voluntary redundancy. As a result of the lack of reasonable adjustments I have been put onto a performance improvement plan (the step before dismissal). In the meantime the voluntary redundancy is being pushed constantly. This is putting me under s great deal of pressure and affecting my health. I approached our personnel department but they referred me back to the managers (who are ther problem). I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have been to the union but they are worthless.

Does anyone know any good disability lawyers in London?

Thanks

Hello Jayde38

You may be better off starting a new thread as this one started back earlier this year.

Sorry I don't live in London.

How about the CAB though ?

Andy

Contact the Disability Adviser at your local JC+ who will probably be able to advise on what to do as there is a legal responsibilty to accommadate you.
    Do you think this is bullying tactics to make you give in and leave because of the savings that are having to be made?