Thread: How are you coping?

How are you coping?

Just filled the Astra 78, The cost of the buses for 2 of my sons has gone up to 38 pw & we need a tank of heating oil. EEK!
    thankfully my older son still gets free bus fare but we still have a daily 12mile round trip to the bus stops.

I would have to get a taxi to the bus stop, lol. I am buying more things on special offer, & less that are not. I could not afford to run a car. I am worried gas & electric will go up again, maybe twice this year.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

We all have to tightened our belts, but surly not twice round the waist

I need a new belt then.....more expense!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Well it's def not getting any cheaper to continue breathing!! We have turned holidays into visiting friends, sun holidays (you can collect tokens now in the sun - highly recommended) or getting cheap 12 rooms @ a travelodge. My sky tv has gone and been replaced with Netflix which has saved me 30 pm. Shopped around for home insurance this time and got it down by 5 per month. Absolutely anything I buy on the net we check if quidco offers any cash back! Mobile phone contracts are through dial a phone as thy offer cash back on top of quidco. And on top of that the little treats like take outs and chocolates are restricted (NOT a bad thing! Ha) and we are planning our outings carefully as the WAV we have is becoming increasingly costly. I'm aware of any trips I can make out in my wheelchair rather the using the car now. I'm great believer that we can always cut back as what we call essentials in this country usually are anything but. I am now scratching my head on how much we can squeeze outta our budget without really harsh changes being made now but as long as I have a roof over my head a bed and heating I'll be happy. Eating is optional at my current weight... Hehe

No one should have Sky anyway, should be banned.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen